Whether you like Mozart or Carrie Underwood, good singing is good singing. The fundamentals I teach support healthy, sustainable vocal production that you can use in choir AND at karaoke night.
I just earned my Master of Music degree in Voice Performance at the University of Michigan, and I have a Bachelor of Music from the University of Southern California. Although my focus is on operatic and classical singing, I have sung musical theater, jazz, and pop as well; I was in an A Capella group in college and have sung with a few local oldies and jazz bands. Whether you are considering a career in music or just want to brush up your shower singing, I'm game!
To find out more about me, check out one of my many posts for the TakeLessons.com blog: http://takelessons.com/blog/how-to-sing-jazz
*** Lesson Details ***
30, 45, and 60-minute lessons available; 30-minute lessons recommended for children ages 10-14. Lessons begin with vocalization with specialized warm-ups targeting technique (proper breath control, vowel clarity, and relaxed singing). The second half of lessons is spent on music. You may choose your own music or ask for suggestions.
Three items to bring to lessons:
A three-ring binder with loose leaf paper for notes and music
*** Travel Equipment ***
A keyboard or piano must be available for in-home lessons. Students should also keep a lesson binder or notebook with paper for writing. Some music may have to be purchased, but I can supply some, especially in classical/musical theater genres.
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in classical singing, but I am also experienced in modern styles, such as musical theater, blues, and pop.
· Singing · In studio Elaina is incredibly talented yet she remains accessible to her students. If you’re looking for a patient teacher that can improve your singing, then you cannot do better than her.
· Singing · In studio Very helpful and informative.
· Singing · In home Very professional, engaging and knowledgeable
· Singing · In studio I could repeat what the others have said, but there's no need. Others did a pretty good job explaining why. ^^
· Singing · In studio Elaina is a great teacher! She has a very strong understanding of proper singing and is capable of tailoring that knowledge to meet individual needs. I highly recommend her!
· Singing · In studio Great voice instructor for adult beginner. Elaina is careful and creative, and in a professional way.
· Opera Voice · In studio Elaina has been a wonderful and effective and enthusiastic instructor for my daughter. My daughter has enjoyed every lesson. Elaina has been always on time for each lesson and communicated well with me. My daughter and I highly recommend Elaina.
· · Elaina has been a wonderful and effective and enthusiastic instructor for my daughter. My daughter has enjoyed every lesson. Elaina is always on time for each lesson and communicated well with me. My daughter and I highly recommend Elaina.
· Singing · In studio Elaina has been the perfect instructor for our 11-year-old daughter. She is young enough to relate to a pre-teen but mature enough to have many years under her belt of professional instruction. Our daughter has enjoyed working on the pop songs she likes to sing around the house, and as a mother I'm pleased that Elaina is teaching her the classic building blocks to mastering a healthy voice.
We highly recommend Elaina. She is professional, on time, organized, easy-going and fun.