- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Edward first became fascinated with the guitar at the age of fifteen. Before long he was putting bands together and looking for gigs. As time went on, his influences grew to include everything from classical to hip-hop to pop, but the one genre that that made the strongest impact was flamenco.
His passion led him to Spain where, after subsequent trips, he studied with some of the greatest guitarists in the business including David Serva, Emilio Maya, Paco Cortes and Rafael Santiago “Habichuela”. Between trips Edward studied classical guitar at Grossmont College and San Diego State University, where he received his bachelor’s degree in music performance in 2008.
Today Edward regularly performs as a soloist and with various ensembles ranging from pop groups to flamenco troupes. His comprehensive studies in music history and theory coupled with one-on-one, ‘old world’ style lessons from flamenco masters gives him a great foundation for teaching.
· Guitar · In studio Edward is very good to work with. Enjoyed the lesson.
· Flamenco Guitar · In home Extraordinary talent, patient, detail-oriented, and great understanding of both flamenco and classic guitar theory and execution. I have known Edward for seven years now, and his guitar technique is exceptional.
I also called Edward when I was choreographing a play at MiraCosta College and needed a guitarist to create the music for the play and perform it live. He is extremely creative, a problem-solver, and team-player. I couldn't ask for a better person to do the job.
· Flamenco Guitar · In studio I never picked up a guitar until after age 50, and then for some unknown reason decided I wanted to learn flamenco guitar.
I've been taking lessons with Ed for about 8 months.
Ed is teaching the flamenco basics and techniques, and also makes sure he adds in some easier items so that I can see progress. The lessons are comfortable - Ed has an easy going personality that makes the lessons comfortable and enjoyable.
Very pleased with Ed as my instructor
· Flamenco Guitar · In home If you want to learn how to play flamenco guitar (and how to accompany a flamenco dancer), Edward is your teacher.
If you are a flamenco dancer (and want to learn how to improve your compass), Edward is your teacher.
He will encourage your progress in a facilitative and positive manner.
I recommend him wholeheartedly.
· Flamenco Guitar · In studio I have worked with Edward for more than 10 years, during which time he has been my lead guitarist for my flamenco dance company, Flamenco Arana. Ed has always contributed inspiring original and traditional music, he knows his craft and the technique of music inside and out, and his easygoing attitude and dry sense of humor are always a pleasure. I recommend him wholeheartedly!
· Flamenco Guitar · In home I've been studying Flamenco Guitar with Ed for almost 2 years. He is a talented teacher and performer. My wife dances flamenco in a group that Ed plays guitar for, and I was always impressed with Ed's music, so when I finally took the plunge and chose to start guitar lessons, I knew who to go to. Learning flamenco is one of the hardest things I've ever tried to undertake, but it is super fun and rewarding when these difficult skills start to stick. Ed is patient and knows how to push me just a little bit past my comfort zone so I actually make progress.
· Flamenco Guitar · In studio I have been studying Spanish Guitar with Ed for 3 or 4 years and he is one of the best instructors I have ever worked with. He is a gifted player and performer and his work ethic and professionalism as an instructor are unmatched.
I am probably one of Ed's more challenging students due to my hectic schedule which interferes with my practice time but we have covered a lot of ground studying basic techniques and styles such as Flamenco, Rumba, Bulerias, Sevillanas, and Tango. Ed is always prepared and is uncannily able to pick up our lessons exactly where we left off the week before. He is able to diagnose problems with technique and work with me to correct them and suggest practice methods to improve technique and the musicality of the performance. Fortunately I have many technical issues so Ed will be gainfully employed for some time on my account!
Ed performs regularly and has a large repertoire in popular music as well as flamenco guitar. I have seen him perform with a flamenco dance group and he was brilliant. I asked him to perform at a small event I helped organize and his performance was enjoyed by all. I highly recommend Ed as a flamenco guitar instructor or as a performer.