- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Edward and I have been playing music most of my life. I was involved in every form of music education that I could find, and took private lessons on guitar and piano for ten years. During this time, I learned that I improved when I performed music that I liked. I attended the College of Saint Rose in Albany, NY and received a B.S. in Studio Music in 1996. I then moved to San Diego, CA and started my own business teaching music. The lessons were taught at the students' homes and I incorporated the students' interests in teaching. I have also performed for many years and have written many songs that have been recorded and performed.
*** Lesson Details ***
My teaching method is unique; I never teach the same way for everyone. The main objectives I teach include performance, reading, ear training, theory, composition and improvisation. I find that playing examples of music that you like is the best way to improve skills. I will recommend books that best suit your style and level. The main styles include (but not limited to) rock, blues, classical, pop, jazz and country. Please contact me if you have any other questions about my teaching methods.
*** Studio Equipment ***
I have a Yamaha 88 key weighted action digital piano with recording features. I also have music stands and amps for guitars. We have a smoke and pet free home. I also have a large collection of sheet music and music books available for lessons.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I will travel to your home. Clark County, NV
*** Specialties ***
Music, Guitar, Piano, Electric Bass
Sight reading, ear training and songwriting
· Piano · In home He is very patient and I feel that I may learn a lot . I will see as time goes by how it is going . If I feel that it not a match I will let you know.
· Piano · In home Excellent experience so far, very pleased. I'm an adult starting piano again after many decades off. Would definitely recommend Edward!
· Guitar · In home Great first lesson! Excited to continue!
· Piano · In home Great first lesson with my 12 year old son. We're excited to continue working with Edward.
· Piano · In studio Edward was very patient with my son, who is just about to be 4 years old. It's a little early to be starting lessons, but his older brother is taking lessons, so why not include the little one too. My son walked out the door and said, "that was awesome!" He even practiced at home later that night.
· Guitar · In studio Edward is really helping me fill in a lot of loose ends with my guitar playing. I am self taught and I believe it is exactly what I need. He has a thorough knowledge of music theory. This is something I need a lot of help with, being self taught. I look forward to my lessons with Edward. They are non stressful and very rewarding.
I also plan on taking piano lessons with Edward.
· Guitar · In home He is a wonderful instructor. Very patient and knowledgeable.
· Piano · In home Edward has been great with
My daughter who is 6 years old. He is very patient with explaining the lesson and also with answering any questions that either of us have. I look forward to booking more lessons with Edward
· Bass Guitar · In studio Ed is an effective teacher that is patient and talented. He plays the bass effortlessly and has awesome taste in music! If you're a rock or metal fan and want to learn guitar or bass, you found your teacher. Thanks Ed!
· Piano · In home Amazing Teacher! It was wonderful watching my daughters grow with Edward.