I graduated from Juilliard (BA) and played 3 years with the New Jersey Symphony after which I moved to Europe where I was Principal cellist with a Swiss Orchestra ( Biel ). I teach the Leonard Rose bow arm technique. I believe he had the best bow arm in the business.
I work with the bow arm first with beginners and advanced players to get a better bow grip, bow stroke and bow change. The rudiments are important!
Principal cellist with this orchestra for about 3 years before moving to England.
3 rd Chair section cellist in the New Jersey Symphony.
· Cello · Online Don went right to the area I knew I needed the most help. Terrific!
· Cello · Online It was very much fun. Do is very nice and knows a lot.
· Cello · In studio Mr Larson is a very experienced and talented cello teacher.
· Cello · Online It's a pleasure to learn from such a gifted cellist. I enjoy the excellent individual instruction from Don as well as listening to his great stories about famous cellists and their techniques. He makes an amazing sound on his cello and it really helps to motivate me. I always look forward to our lesson.
· Cello · In home Don is very patient, gentle and caring teacher. My son enjoys the cello lessons . Great cello instructor!
· Cello · Online Don is great! Love that he is so particular about the bow hold! It has really made a difference in tone, every piece I play now, I keep in mind all the rudaments Don has taught me. I would recommend him to anyone! But you have to be willing to put in you serious practice time. Check him out on YouTube!
· Cello · Online I have taken two lessons with Mr. Don Larson through FaceTime. Even though there is a 3-hour time difference, he manages to fit my lesson into his schedule. I have not taken private lessons previously, but I was in school orchestra for over two years. He has been correcting my bow hold and bowing, helping me make my cello produce nicer sounds. I really appreciate his focus on the rudiments. Mr. Don is very patient and funny at times.
· Cello · In home How awesome to find Don. Colin had such a great first lesson and can't wait to go back.
· Cello · Online Great instructor, very patient and his focus on bow holding is very helpful for someone who has never played before.
· Cello · In home Has a wide background and heavy focus on rudiments. Great teaching style!