- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
A professional voice teacher from The Boston Conservatory of Music, Dominic S. (lyric baritone) has years of experience teaching people of all ages, and in all styles of music. Professionally, he has performed in National Tours, Off Broadway, and in major films.
"Music has always been my absolute favorite thing in the world.
As far as I know, I am the only music teacher in New York City who teaches Voice, Piano, Guitar, Bass Guitar and Trumpet."
Currently Dominic's studio consists of -
An Academy Award winner
A Tony Award nominee
One student is working with Lady Gaga's producer
One student is signed with Akon
Four students are currently performing on Broadway
BFA The Boston Conservatory of Music
Performed in two national tours and off Broadway
Has a speaking role in the films "Milk" and "The Dropout"
List of notable students:
Jenn Marie Hertel
Lead singer of the bands Air For Ants and Dead Body
Music Director and House Pianist of The Vaudeville Villianettes Burlesque
Notable Quotes about S.:
Ken Nelson (Coldplay) - "Fantastic voice"
Kenneth 'Babyface' Edmonds - "Really cool songs"
Dan Grigsby (Keith Richards' Engineer) - "Genius"
*** Lesson Details ***
Music is fun.
My personality is laid back, but I would never say that I teach that way.
There is a delicate balance between learning, fun, and concentration.
I have watched my students (especially the beginners) grow as people as well as musicians over the course of a few months. It's really amazing to watch someone do things they never thought they would do, sing or play something they thought was beyond them.
That alone makes what I do really special to me.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Yamaha U1 Upright Piano, MIDI Keyboard, Akai Miniak, Gibson Les Paul Electric Guitar, Fender Squire Electric Guitar, Fender DG-60 Takamine Acoustic 3F30CE
*** Travel Equipment ***
Both the teacher and student should have sheet music
*** Specialties ***
Vocal Lessons - Diaphragmatic breathing, relaxation techniques
Scales, solfeggio, vocal tricks, tongue stretches
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
· Trumpet · In home He is great Trumpet teacher. He is professional and friendly. My son enjoyed his first lesson. Thank you
· Piano · In home Dominic is fabulous. if you have a chance to work with him, do yourself a favor and do it!
· Piano · Online Dominic is really easy to work with. He is very patient, talented and can work will all levels of learning. Absolutely recommend!
· Singing · In studio Dominic has been an excellent voice coach. Each week he uses appropriate techniques tailored for the unique challenges that I've been having and genuinely shows an interest in my progress. He's always pleasant to be with and continues to be punctual. On the weeks where my work schedule affects our slot, he's been more than obliging in finding another appropriate slot. Before each session, Dominic makes a point of reaching out to me to confirm all is ok. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for coaching at any level.
· Piano · Online Always fun and challenging. Thanks, Dominic!
· Piano · In studio Dominic is a real blessing, after I master the piano I will be moving on to guitar, God is amazing.
· Singing · Online Great Teacher
· · Great intro to singing. I have never taken singing lessons because I never thought I could have a singing voice, but after taking this intro course with Dominic it made me realize that I could develop my voice into something good. Dominic is very knowledgeable and very patient. I recommend using headphones so you can hear the piano as you are going through breathing exercises.
· · Dominic is terrific! I haven't been this close to a piano or keyboard in probably 30 years. He was very patient and kept me focused.It's amazing how things come back to you. I will definitely keep him as my teacher. Thank you Dominic!
· · Other than a technical difficulty, the instructor was fantastic. I learned a lot, and look forward to learning more!