- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello and welcome to my teacher profile! My name is Dillon S.
I am a music and art teacher, and I have earned my Associate's degree in Music Education at MDC with a focus on jazz guitar. I have a fairly diverse experience in different genres of music (primarily worship/church music, but also rock, pop, punk/metal, jazz and others). I have also sung and played guitar, drums, and bass in numerous bands throughout the years.
I have always had a deep love for art, and am currently working on my Bachelor of Science in K-12 Art Education. I have a particular interest in figure drawing/portraiture (charcoal, graphite, India ink), landscape and still life painting (acrylic and oil paint), and both digital and film photography.
I am hoping to improve my teaching skills through this platform and impart knowledge onto others. I am laid-back and a kid at heart, and I find it important to teach with a sense of humor. For the record, I'm also a huge geek. I enjoy video games, superheroes, sci-fi, fantasy, animals (I myself have a cat), board games, cartoons/anime, technology/science... I also love traveling! If you're into something, feel free to talk to me about it, I love getting to know what you're passionate about!
A requirement for becoming a licensed teacher in Florida that assesses competencies based on Florida's Sunshine State Standards.
The American Orff-Schulwerk Association is a professional organization of educators dedicated to the creative music and movement approach developed by Carl Orff and Gunild Keetman.
Our Mission is to demonstrate the value of Orff Schulwerk and promote its widespread use; to support the professional development of our members; and,
to inspire and advocate for the creative potential of all learners.
· Guitar · In home Great teacher. Very patient and engaging.
· Music Theory · In home Dillon is a very patient teacher. He has been teaching art and music to my daughter. My daughter is looking forward for the classes with Dillon.
· Guitar · In home My daughter Julianna has had four lessons with Dillon and I am extremely pleased with his teaching style. Dillon has an uncanny ability to make lessons very fun but to simultaneously weave in critical music theory concepts. He is very versatile musically which also helps to keep my daughter interested in continuing to progress. In these few short weeks, Julianna has not only progressed in terms of knowledge and understanding, but she is now much more anxious to broaden her abilities with the electric guitar. I highly recommend Dillon for those of you that are looking for a teacher that will not only teach sound theory, but also engage and connect with students.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Great first lesson... looking forward for the next ones.
· Photography · In studio He was very pleasant and patient with my daughter...good job
· Drum · In home Great teacher, very knowledgeable and patient with students.
· Guitar · In studio Lessons have been great. Learning an Instrument starts with a good habit. Dillon is great in showing the best technique and is very patient with his lessons.
· Guitar · In home Dillon was very thorough and patient with my son. They got along great! He asked him some questions to see what my son was really interested in. And his lesson was more geared toward my son's interests.
· Ukulele · Online Dillon is a widely skilled and experienced ukulele teacher. He is a very patient, kind, caring, funny, and brilliant teacher. He definately the reliable teacher to go to.
· Guitar · In studio Great guitar instructor