Desislava was introduced to music at the age of 7 when she first began playing the piano. At the age of 10, she was accepted at National School of Music and Dance in Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education with a focus on Piano and Music Theory at the Academy of Music, Dance, and Fine Arts in Bulgaria, graduating in 2004, and since then, she has accrued experience teaching students of all ages and levels. In addition, she earned her Master’s Degree in Music and Media. In 2016 she competed Music Business Certificate at UCLA. Specializing in classical and jazz music, she has prepared students for international examinations, competitions, and recitals, introducing students to the beauty of music and developing talent from the beginning to the advanced stages.
Desislava is known for her ability to connect quickly and deeply with her students. She brings to all of her lessons the same high level of enthusiasm and patience, striving to inspire and motivate the people around her to reach their full potential. Serving as the 1st Vice President of Programs on the Board of Directors at MTAC West Los Angeles, she remains involved in the music community at large.
The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences was founded in 1946, just one month after network television was born. It is a nonprofit organization devoted to the advancement of telecommunication arts and sciences and to fostering creative leadership in the telecommunication industry.
The Television Academy, the only major organization devoted to the television and broadband screen entertainment industry, is made up of over 20,000 members, representing 29 professional peer groups, including performers, directors, producers, art directors and various other artisans, technicians and executives.
MTAC aspires to be the recognized leader in (1) Student Programs, which make a positive impact in the quality of music education and in the lives of music students; (2) Member Programs, which inspire quality teaching, the pursuit of ongoing teacher education and member involvement with community outreach; (3) a thriving Foundation, which funds Student Programs and member needs through its investments, donations, and grants.
GRAMMY U is a unique and fast-growing community of college students, primarily between the ages of 17 and 25, who are pursuing a career in the recording industry. GRAMMY U events and special programs touch on all aspects of the music industry, from the technology to the tracks themselves. Events are scheduled throughout the semester to give GRAMMY U members a wide variety of experiences and professional development. Because we are part of The Recording Academy, members have extraordinary access to the industry and its artists.
· Piano · In home Desi is truly an excellent, and patient, teacher. Night and day difference from a previous instructor. She's making learning the piano fun!
· Piano · In home We are a family just moved to LA from China because of my husband's job. My son is 7 years old and he had learnt piano for 2 years before we moved here. He doesn't want to stop so I was trying my best to find a good piano teacher here. It was hard at the beginning since my son was a little bit picky. But then we found Ms.Desislava. She is very professional and patient. She would talk to him nicely and see what motivates his interest. My son got back to what he learnt before and also learnt a lot of new stuff in a short time. He never felt bored. My husband and I are so glad that we could have Ms. Desislave as his tutor.
· Piano · In home I used to play the piano when I was a child and want to get back to play my favorite pieces. I hired Desislava to help me renewing my skills. We had several lessons together, Every time, she was right on time, always very attentive and friendly. She is a very patient teacher, so even when the student is a bit slow, she patiently and carefully explains what I'm doing wrong. She completely restored my ability to play the piano and I'm going to hire her from time to time to hone my skills. Thank you so my Desi, you are so wonderful!
· Piano · In studio Ms. Desislava is outstanding professional, very patient and excellent with kids as well. She understands the need of every student and takes pride in their achievements. Proactive and creative, she pays attention to details and most of all she puts her heart into her work.
· Piano · In home I started taking piano lessons with Desi almost 2 years ago and I made a tremendous progress. She’s very patient and talented teacher who passes the love and appreciation of music to her students. I highly recommend Desi as she really understands students’ different learning abilities, styles and preferences. The lessons incorporate musicianship, theory, techniques and creativity and her teaching style is very effective.
Outstanding music lessons!
· Piano · In studio Ms. Desislava is an outstanding educator, and delightful to work with. She has long experience tutoring and evaluating piano and music theory students in preparation for international examinations and competitions. Ms. Desislava is constantly engaged with the students’ improvement, and always finding the right way to inspire them. As a result always her students are achieving great success and distinction results on their exams. She is creative and innovative, always working with dedication and passion, essential skills for being successful in any field. It is a great pleasure working with her!