- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I'm excited to be a TakeLessons instructor and to be able to share my experience and knowledge with you. I have been a singer and performer for over 20 years and have taught voice and beginning piano for six years.
I received a Master of Music in Vocal Performance from the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music and a Bachelor of Arts in Music from Rhodes College in Memphis, TN. I continued my studies in New York City in voice, acting and diction.
I continue to be an active performer specializing in musical theater, opera and concert. I began my professional career as an apprentice with the Portland Opera in Oregon. Since then, I have appeared with opera companies and orchestras throughout the United States and abroad and am a frequent guest vocalist and recitalist.
Recently, I performed with Alia Musica here in Pittsburgh premiering works by local composers and created the role of Pamela in the premiere of TOOWHOPERA by composer Sorrel Hays in Rome, GA. On the concert stage, I have recently appeared with the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Orchestra, Chattanooga Symphony Orchestra, Chattanooga Bach Choir and CreateHere's Hops and Opera.
Highlights of my performances include Queen of the Night in Die Zauberflote with West Bay Opera, Stockton Opera, Opera San Jose and Pocket Opera, Despina in Cosi fan tutte with Mission City Opera, Blonde in Abduction from the Seraglio and Yvette in La Rondine with Pocket Opera, Cunegonde in Candide with Arena Stage in Washington, D.C. Other roles include Rosa Bud in The Mystery of Edwin Drood, Abigail in The Crucible, Mabel in The Pirates of Penzance, Zerlina in Don Giovanni, Madame Herz in The Impresario, Lucy in Threepenny Opera, Monica in The Medium, and Pamina in The Magic Flute.
I was a featured performer in a series of concerts in Europe, South America, and Australia aboard Cunard's Vistafjord and Royal Viking Sun.
I was named a world finalist in the Luciano Pavarotti International Voice Competition, a regional finalist in the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions, a semi-finalist in the Jenny Lind Competition and a regional winner in the MacAllister Competition.
*** Lesson Details ***
Whether it is preparing for a competition, an audition or a role for the school play, I enjoy helping students of all ages reach their goals. I structure the curriculum to the individual needs of my students, focusing on healthy vocal technique, musicianship, stage presence, and joy in music.
During your first lesson, you will sing various vocalises to determine how you negotiate the changes in registration, what your vocal range is, and what you have to work on to improve your vocal quality, stamina, and flexibility.
If you do not see an available time, please call Takelessons. I sometimes have availability that is not visible on my calendar.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Living Room: baby grand, couch, chair, bench, small table, adjoining dining room where parents can wait.
· Singing · In home Desiree is a terrific vocal coach! I just completed my third lesson and am very impressed with her skills and ability to refine my breathing, diction and vocal continuity. Atmosphere is extremely inviting and she is very pleasant while also staying highly focused and on task. After taking some time off from singing, I was looking for someone who could get me back in shape vocally with a combination of classic training and some crossover to musical theatre. She fits the bill very well!
· Acting · In studio Ms. Desiree is a very nice teacher. My daughter likes her very much! Thanks a lot !
· Singing · In studio The atmosphere is very inspiring and Desiree's teaching methodology gets at the core of your performance technique and improves it.
· Singing · In home My 9 year old felt very comfortable with Desiree and enjoyed her first lesson.
· Singing · In studio Desiree is an excellent voice teacher. She really helped my daughter (age 10 at the time) tremendously, and made it a very fun and enjoyable experience. We plan to start up voice lessons again real soon.
· Singing · In home Desiree has made an immediate and positive connection with my 12 year old daughter, and really supported her in working past her nerves. I am very impressed with what I've seen and heard!
· Singing · In studio She is so nice and friendly!
· Singing · In studio I really enjoyed my first lesson with Desiree. She was an excellent teacher and made me feel relaxed and confident. I am looking forward to my next lesson and hopefully many more in the future.
· Singing · In studio She was wonderful! Her teaching style is very personable. She is very flexible. She takes her time with you. Certainly recommend!
· Singing · In studio She has helped me tremendously! We have a good time learning and laughing during my lessons with her. She had also helped me to stop listening to what others think about my voice and focus on believing in myself as I learn and progress. Risks l thanks