Hello and welcome!
My background includes dance (teaching, performance and competition), commercial acting, singing, modeling, and radio/TV experience. My talent resume is available upon request. I have been on network TV and I've been a national media spokesperson for a major US corporation. I'm represented by one of the top talent agencies here in Arizona and I have worked extensively in Los Angeles.
I teach the following individual and group classes:
- BELLY DANCE: Beginning and Intermediate (mainly cabaret style, including zils, veils, scarves, veils, and fan veils). We also dance a wide variety of belly dance, Oriental, and fusion dances - something for everyone!
Interested in performing? Then you'll definitely want to join my belly dance performance troupe. I'm always looking for committed dancers who want to learn choreography and performance techniques. We perform at various venues around the Valley.
- BALLROOM: (including Latin, Swing, Smooth, and Club dances)
For ballroom classes, both couples and individuals are welcome - no partner is required. I work with students who are serious about learning how to dance, and who want to learn proper technique in addition to dance figures. I'm especially interested in working with dancers who are considering competitions and performance. I absolutely love choreographing routines for my student dancers!
I teach at one of the largest studios in the valley - we have plenty of room to move and explore the various dances you want to learn.
For couples planning their wedding, I can help you choreograph and rehearse an enjoyable wedding dance that you and your guests will remember for a lifetime.
I'm looking forward to helping you become the dancer you want to be!
ACTING / SINGING STUDENTS:
Please let me know your goals and interests and I will help you achieve them. I utilize a variety of different methods and techniques customized for each student. I have been acting and singing for over 20 years.
I teach all aspects of modeling, including print, runway, platform, tearoom and showroom. You will also learn about hair, make-up, auditions, fittings and the business of modeling. And, you will have the opportunity to work with a professional photographer to practice and build your portfolio.
*** Lesson Details ***
DANCE LESSON INFORMATION:
There are a few rules of dance etiquette that any reputable instructor will ask you to follow:
- Please come dressed appropriately. My studio maintains a dress code, so please arrive in appropriate dance attire. Belly dancers may wear yoga pants and athletic tops (belly dance skirts are also perfect). I can provide coin belts and practice veils.
- While in belly dancing we dance barefooted, ballroom dancing does require special shoes. These are highly recommended. Please note that sneakers are discouraged (rubber soles will stick to the floor and impede your movement). If you want to try a lesson or two in regular shoes, that's fine. Just be sure to wear shoes with a leather sole.
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your lesson so that you are ready to go when your lesson time begins. If you arrive late, you will forfeit that time.
- Cancellations require a 24-hour notice. This policy allows us to offer your lesson time to another student.
Most important, lesson times are all about YOU. Each lesson will continually build on your knowledge and skills. Your dance instruction will be customized just for you, your skill level, and your goals.
***Accessories and Props***
- Belly dance: I can provide coin belts and practice veils. For more advanced students, I would ask them to purchase their own props and costumes.
- Ballroom dance: Students will need a pair of appropriate ballroom dance shoes (recommended, but not required initially).
- Acting, voice, and modeling: No special items are necessary.
· Ballroom Dance · In studio
The nice thing is that with her background in television, P.R. and how to present a good image, and she has taught me to be more confident and comfortable with my dancing. As a guy, that means a lot!
I highly recommend Debra for anyone wanting to learn the fine art of dance.