- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
*** Travel Equipment ***
Books. Students must have their own instrument (keyboards are acceptable for taking piano lessons). I always council students on brand, quality of instrument they are purchasing before they buy it.
*** Specialties *** I have been a public school music educator for over 20 years, and have taught band, orchestra, and choir which enables me to teach many instruments and voice. I also have been a language and reading tutor for over 6 years and have worked with students with special needs for over 10 years.
I studied classical guitar with master guitarist, Christopher Parkening, at Montana State University where I graduated with a B.M.E. I also did graduate work at MSU in composition. I am completing a Masters Degree in Teacher Leadership currently at Grand Canyon University. I teach Suzuki piano and violin. I am an accomplished composer/songwriter with many published and recorded songs and instrumental works through ASCAP. I endeavor to make learning fun, and enjoy teaching students of all ages!
Online student requirements: A fast, reliable COMPUTER; HIGH SPEED INTERNET (at least 400 kbps); SKYPE software; WEBCAM (preferably HD); MICROPHONE (most laptops or tablets have mikes built in). Be sure your camera is focused on you and your instrument, if applicable.
I have 9 years experience as a choral and general music educator, grades 4-8; and 2 years experience as an orchestra director, grades 4-8 for this school district.
I was a private piano and voice instructor for 4 years at this music store in Scottsdale. AZ
I taught beginning to intermediate guitar classes for this national company, all styles, 2007-2009.
I taught Title I summer school for 7 weeks, summer 2005, 2006, and 2007 for the Scottsdale School District.
I taught choir and orchestra classes at several elementary and middle schools in Montana for public school districts, part time, for 17 years.
I have 10 years experience teaching Creating Music 101, Piano in Class 101, Basic Guitar 121, Intermediate Guitar 102, and Advanced Guitar 103 for University of Montana/Western, part time.
I taught Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Guitar, and a class called Creating Music part time at FVCC for 4 years.
Music K-12 certificate, Standard Secondary Education certificate, renewed until September, 2018.
I hold a current English As A Second Language endorsement, K-12 through the University of Phoenix. Certification renewed until September, 2018. I also hold a CURRENT Arizona fingerprint clearance card which expires on 04/04/2018.
I hold a Library Science certification, K-12 from University of Montana/Western.
I hold a current music education degree from Montana State University.
The National Education Association (NEA), the nation's largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. NEA's 3 million members work at every level of education—from pre-school to university graduate programs. NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Organ · Online Dee,at the very beginning has a special way of making my 12 year old comfortable and be herself, and learn. She has made every minute count and yet,made the time pass by so quickly.
The very first day,Angel,my 12 year old daughter said "Mom--I like her"---plus,look at her qualifications ---and you will know that we found a rare gem in her!
· Violin · Online Very patient, personable and good at communicating with children
· Singing · In studio I have learned so much from her
· Singing · In studio I have learned a huge amount from Dee. She teaches very well and I see improvement with every lesson. I definitely recommend her.
· Singing · In studio Dee gets the student to work hard and practice. She is flexible and willing to adjust hours and days when things come up.
Overall, I have been happy with my lessons progress and motivation.
· Guitar · In studio Great teacher! Dee adapts to my progress and makes learning fun.
· Singing · In studio DEE, IS AN EXCELLENT TEACHER, I AM LEARNING DAILY.....ROSEMARY
· Piano · In studio I am a 52 year old who has never played an instrument nor do I know how to read music. Dee was more patient with me than I was with myself. I would recommend 30 minute sessions instead of 45 minutes. It is a lot to handle when starting from square one.
· Singing · In studio I would recommend Dee to anyone who would like to learn sining. She customizes every single exercise for you to help you improve. She's also very patience and nice.
· Violin · In home Our experience with Dee has been very positive. She is punctual, very professional and pleasant with the kids. I would recommend her to another family looking for a music tutor for their child.