- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I started taking piano lessons at age 6, learned to read music and play mostly classical, my first pop song was Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves by Cher, remember that great riff at the beginning? I was beyond thrilled to actually play it myself. These are the kind of experiences I seek to provide my students, enjoying the thrill of actually making music, not just going over mundane head information. I do combine learning by ear with reading music, teaching theory along with the music making as well. Music is really simple, repetitive and easy to learn. It's a life long gift you give yourself and others. I started singing seriously in 9th grade, I had the greatest teacher, in fact he turned my life around because I had been running with the wrong crowd, but now that he told me I could sing I had a reason to straighten myself up and he made me feel like my talent was worth something. I grew in confidence and entered college as a double major, voice and piano. I enjoy teaching singing because it's so personal and I help people figure out a lot about themselves and singing through our lessons together. I teach people how to balance their voice through exercises and specially picked songs that extend the exercises into 'real life'. It only takes a few lessons for my voice students to experience positive change in their voices and their lives. Teaching music is a beautiful way to live. I invite you to experience this beautiful gift with me!
*** Lesson Details ***
For both piano and voice students I will evaluate where you are first and then I use Faber for a lot of my piano students because it has nice graphics, fun activities, moves at a good pace, not too slow, not too fast. If the student has already studied I ask them to bring the music they already have and we proceed forward from there. The voice students are also evaluated and then informed about their tendencies and given excersises to help them learn new, better tendencies. Songs are assigned for student to learn and hopefully enjoy.
Regular practice is expected from the beginning and I give award and incentives for it to get you started right.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lessons in a separate music room, Roland digital piano, computer
*** Specialties ***
speech-level singing - Voice
learn to play by chords - piano
this is a 2 year study to reach this level of expertise. There are strict requirement and testing with Master Teachers.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Piano · In home Awesome first day I am very excited to work with Debbie
· Piano · In studio My daughter is very shy and takes time to open up. But it didn't take long with Ms.Debbie. She is a great teacher - definitely recommend!!! I'm a full time working mom with two young children and she does her best to work around our schedule. My daughter loves Ms.Debbie. She loves to play piano. Definitely recommend. I'm very glad I found Ms.Debbie.
· Singing · In home My daughter Alexia has been taking singing lessons with Deborah since February of 2014. When Alexia first started her lessons, she was interested in performing in musicals and got a small part in her school musical in Alice in Wonderland. She tried out for the next musical which was Camp Rock and didn't make the cut. Alexia asked for singing lessons and I was skeptical but started her with Deborah once a week. When she auditioned for legally blond, she got a solo part and shined. I was amazed by the transformation in her voice. The following year, she auditioned for Cinderella and got the lead. She also auditioned for High School Musical 2 and guess what? She got the lead again! Not only did Deborah bring her to this level with her singing but she also brought her to this level with her acting. Deborah is able to give her tips and techniques that help her with her singing and acting. Alexia competed in the State Drama Competition this year and made it to Nationals where she will be attending the International Thespian Festival in June. this is very exciting for Alexia and there is no doubt that Deborah played a major role in her success. Thank you Deborah, for being a wonderful and patient teacher!
· Piano · In studio Deborah exhibited excellent technique of teaching new and young students. She has lots of patience with my Jason on his first lesson. I hope Jason continues to learn more and more from Deborah provided he stays interest in the music
· Piano · In studio She's very accomodating. and She's a great instructor and Fun! will definitely stick to her..
· Piano · In studio Over the years I've had a few different piano teachers, and Debbie is definitely the best! She is patient, knowledgeable, and easy to work with. I will refer her to everyone who asks me about taking lessons.
· Singing · In studio Debbie is the best teacher anyone could possibly have! She is very well educated and knows how to explain things in a way that anyone could understand. I will definitely recommend her to anyone seeking a vocal coach.
· Singing · In home shes an amazing vocal coach and she is very easy to understand. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a vocal teacher.
· Piano · Excellent teacher
Ms. Debbie is an amazing teacher. She helps me improve my piano skills. From sight reading to different chords and arpeggios, she makes sure I learn everything.