- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been a working musician and occasional private music teacher for over 40 years. During that time I had a career in the professional audio and video industry, during which I learned how to successfully deal with people. I recently returned to school and completed a Bachelor of Music in Music Education degree at CSU Sacramento. My goal is to bring excitement and enthusiasm for music and playing an instrument to my students, and to create musicians who will make and enjoy music throughout their lives. I play guitar, bass guitar and flute, and enjoy teaching all of them to all age groups.
*** Lesson Details ***
Playing music is supposed to be fun. Lessons include playing, so they should be fun as well. My lessons are both focused and fun. I believe you get out of music what you put in. If a student doesn't practice in between lessons, I will know. If a student does practice, I will know that as well. My lessons stress not only what to practice, but how. In 3-6 months, the beginning student can expect to be able to make a pleasing sound on the instrument, and be able to play beginning repertoire. Most importantly, the student will be able to play well enough to enjoy the instrument, which inevitably leads to more productive practice and continued improvement. This continued improvement is what lessons are all about.
*** Travel Equipment ***
If I travel to a student's home, I will bring my instrument only. I expect the student to provide all other equipment necessary for the lesson.
*** Specialties ***
Folk guitar, rock and roll and blues bass, classical flute, analog and digital recording, music theory
· Guitar · In studio Good start! Fed me the right amount of info for a "total beginner".
· Bass Guitar · In studio Had a great time , I got a lot of new information and insight about my playing right from the get go. Looking forward to next week.
· Guitar · In home It was an honor to meet David. He has a wonderful personality and a comfortable disposition. I have confidence regarding his teaching skills and I am truly excited about the lessons to come. I have faith that my desire to learn to play my guitar will be an incredible journey.