- Teaches students:
- Ages 8+
- Teaching since:
• Drums Course open to Children and Adults. Preparatory approach for different formative experiences
• Arguments : A Journey through Music from Classical to Rock, through Jazz Idiom and Funk Music.
• Improvisation Research Program including studies on the role of Drums comping in Modern Music.
• My work envolves elements for Music Therapy and Music Education for Kids.
• The drums and hand-percussion classes are a fun and practical way to learn the insight essence of Music: Rhythm.
TEACHING PHILOSOPHY & PROGRAM :
• Musicianship and Music Appreciation
• Drums Workout - History (Rudiments) , Physical alignment and Breathing Technique.
• Music History and Composers From Western Classical World to Rock and Pop Music
• Preparing repertoire: choosing different styles, composers, levels.
• Playing along Music Repertoire : orchestras, bands.
• Interpretation and body movements
• Sight- reading development
• Rhythm practice
• Working on develop the muscle memory of Music and its technique
• Practicing rhythms, melodies, Harmonies.
• Transcribing your favorite songs and Drum Fills
• Audition Techniques
• Social and Emotional Development
• Learning Motivation
• Physical and Motor Development
• Career Guidance
David has taught beginners to advanced students of all ages in every Percussion style of Music.
Has received his Bachelor of Music degree from Berklee College of Music - Boston with Specific Concentrations in Music Ed, Performance, Music Production & Engineering.
He has further honored his skills with a Master Degree in Performance and Production Concentration at Berklee University Valencia - Spain.
In his native country Italy he has further completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Jazz Studies at The Conservatory of Music - Ferrara and as an Italian and English Teacher in Literatures and Languages at University of Rome La Sapienza.
He has achieved a 13 years experience background as a Berklee College of Music co-teacher at Umbria Jazz clinics working for Drums and Ensembles department alongside Chair Emeritus of Performance Division Ron Savage and Vice-Chair of Percussion Department Yoron Israel.
Finally I will tailor the lessons to your personal taste and willing to achieve
while giving you all the tools you need to progress and enjoy Music through the instrument you love the most.
Whether you are a beginner or advanced musician aiming at learning,
I will help you achieve your dreams.
- Music is a dream which has the power of becoming true for each one of us.
- Music is the only universal language that hold together Human Kind.
He has achieved a 13 years experience background as a Berklee College of Music co-teacher at Umbria Jazz clinics working for Drums and Ensembles department alongside Chair Emeritus of Performance Division Ron Savage and Vice-Chair of Percussion Department Yoron Israel.+ Read More
Italian and English Teacher Certification.
The Berklee Alumni Affairs Office embraces the college’s alumni as valuable members and vital stakeholders in a lifelong, global community. We strive to foster and strengthen alumni engagement in meaningful and innovative ways that support the interests and goals of alumni in their professional and personal pursuits.
Guided by the college’s mission, we seek to build a sense of shared community, pride, professional achievement, volunteerism, philanthropic support, and commitment to Berklee. We celebrate and applaud our alumni as they seek to improve the world around them through their creative pursuits.
I wanted to learn to play drums as I've always dreamt of being able to play so I started taking lesson with David. He is very patient and has been able to discover a "sense of rythm" I didn't even know I had inside of me. His approach to teach me was very powerful and he transformed me from total dummy to a good drummer in a very short time. I will never stop to thank him for his professionalism and his patience. I highly recommend David to everyone who wants to learn how to play Drums or becoming a pro.+ Read More
I really enjoy taking lessons with him! His a good teacher and I like the way he explain the music theory. He loves a lot of music genre from classic to jazz and rock. Lessons are very cool and funny!!! try!
I think drums lessons are not the easiest thing to do online. David was incredibly prepared for that and had all the necessary tools to have a good sound from skype so that i could hear everything, and specially all the necessary instruments prepared so that i could fully take advantage of the hour lesson.Also his Online lessons are pretty fun, sometimes he would make a little funny statement just to break the little ice that online communication can create through a screen, which I found out is pretty important.
Finally, when it's online the lesson is also focused towards music knowledge and suggestions about music history that we all should be aware of.
David is currently my son's private teacher and I think he's doing an excellent job from the way he's motivating him.
The way David thinks of the role of Drums in modern music and the Art of accompaniment is extraordinary. No teacher ever got me into that aspect of Music like him. He really gets your deep interest for Music and he's careful about your own tastes and passions through Music and any other you can have.
Best teacher I've seen in years. Highly recommendable, patient and love children of course.
My lesson was very inspiring! David gave me a lot of instruction about technique!!! He knows a lot about music history and recommend me stuff to listen. He is very professional and a wonderful drummer!!! You should try a lesson with him!!!