Hello, my name is Danielle. I recently relocated to Bend, OR, and I am so excited to be here! Last year while living in Corvallis I was a music and acting instructor at STAGES Theater Camp with the Corvallis School District, I taught at Corvallis High School as a long term theatre and language arts substitute teacher, and I taught private music and acting lessons. Prior to that I lived in Florida. While living Florida, I was an adjunct professor of theatre at Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida, where I taught acting and intro to theatre courses. As well as teaching at the college level, I taught private voice, piano, and acting lessons at Central Florida Community Arts, and I worked as a teaching artist at the Orlando Repertory Theatre where I taught theatre workshops, theatre-based community outreach programs, and theatre summer camp. I hold a Master of Fine Arts degree in Acting from the University of Central Florida and a Bachelor of Music degree in Vocal Performance from Murray State University in Murray, Kentucky. In Florida I performed as a professional actor in productions at the Orlando Shakespeare Theater. Also, during college, I participated in and placed first in state-wide and regional singing competitions. Currently I sing with the Central Oregon Mastersingers and the Bend-based Victorian Carolers. Teaching is my passion, and I strive to share with my students what the arts have given to me. As well as teaching lessons, I am currently working as a licensed substitute teacher in the Central Oregon Schools through the High Desert Education Service District. **This means I have passed a background check with the state of Oregon's Teacher Standards and Practices Commission, which may be helpful for you to know as a potential TakeLessons student. I look forward to meeting you soon!
I am currently working as a licensed substitute teacher in the Central Oregon Schools through the High Desert Education Service District. I work with all grade levels and can substitute teach all subjects. My specialties are Music, Drama, and Language Arts. **This job means I have passed a background check with the state of Oregon's Teacher Standards and Practices Commission, which may be helpful for you to know as a potential TakeLessons student.
• Taught lower division music classes (Grades 1-5) in which students participated in daily warm-ups, choral canons, vocal technique/terminology, and songs for their final showcase.
• Designed lesson plans and taught upper division acting classes (Grades 6-12) in which students learned and practiced character development, relationship with scene partner, motivation and acting goals, improv, and scene rehearsal.
• Helped facilitate the final showcase at the culmination of the camp, as I introduced my students and the concepts they practiced in class and led them in their showcase presentations.
• Designed lesson plans and taught Advanced Theatre, Introduction to Theatre, and two sections of Documentary Films and Society.
• Created and graded assignments on Pinnacle, assignment and grade management software, to assess student progress and understanding of concepts studied and developed in class.
• Directed Advanced Theatre students through Shakespeare scene and monologue study as well as a group playwriting and musical theatre project.
• Led Introduction to Theatre students through a variety of intensive projects: a design practicum, the study of the Absurdist Theatre Movement, a student-devised Absurdist theatre piece, the study of spoken word and the creation of their own spoken word pieces and performances, and the study of cultures and theatre traditions from across the globe, which led to interactive student presentations.
• Counseled Documentary Films and Society students through class discussions and debates about specific documentary films and the relevant social issues they highlighted as well as a group education project in which students designed their own educational system.
• Executed lesson plans provided by the teacher for students in grades K-12.
• Improvised details and remained attentive to student needs as they arose.
• Served as a regular substitute teacher for all grade levels and all subjects.
• Developed lesson plans based on the Florida Common Core Standards.
• Fostered character development through theatrical activities and themes, culminating each session in a performance.
• Created an environment with clear expectations of professionalism from the students.
• Introduced students to theatrical and musical concepts through practical application.
• Devised a through-line and script for students to utilize
• Educated students in acting and musical technique/expression through the use of warm-up exercises, improv, movement and voice work, music theory, and the analysis and rehearsal of theatrical texts and musical pieces.
• Led an in-school CFCArts community outreach music/drama program, centered on the theme of unity, at Nap Ford Community School in Orlando.
• Designed syllabi to meet course objectives and teach THE 100-1 Introduction to the Theatre and THE 131-1 Introduction to Acting for the Non-Major.
• Led Intro to Theatre students in interactive theatre presentations based upon the assigned Edwin Wilson text
• Guided Intro to Theatre students as they stepped into the roles of director and designers, crafting a collaborative production proposal.
• Taught Intro to Acting students basic acting techniques based upon Michael Shurtleff’s 12 Guideposts, as well as improvisational work, movement exercises, and voice work.
• Guided Intro to Acting students in the rehearsal, performance and text scoring of two scenes and a monologue over the course of the semester.
• Assisted an 8-year-old boy on the autism spectrum attending a 3-month theatre workshop.
• Adjusted my teaching style to fit the individual needs of this student.
• Directed a 90’s pop-themed version of A Midsummer Night’s Dream for a class of 6th graders at St. Barnabas Episcopal School in Deland, as a part of the Shakespearience program.
• Designed and implemented curriculum for Prince and Princess Shakespeare (age 4-grade 1), Superhero Shakespeare (grades 1-2), and Shakespeare Acting (grades 5-7) in a Saturday morning class setting.
• Taught an interactive Shakespeare Alive workshop at local elementary, middle and high schools.
• As the New Play Development intern, assisted in organizing and supervising the 2012 Harriett Lake Festival of New Plays and evaluated submissions for the 2013 festival.
• Acted in various plays throughout the year, including a thesis role as the character Lucy Steele in Jon Jory's Sense and Sensibility.
• Created curriculum and taught Musical Theatre Voice I, which included coaching students through four solo pieces and a duet over the course of the semester.
• Led students in daily physical and vocal warm-ups, as well as music rehearsals, in which students analyzed and explored musical technique and expression through song.
• Tutored students individually in private voice lessons.
· Singing · In home Danielle is an incredibly talented teacher and my son learned so much from her. The progress he made by taking lessons with her for acting, singing, and piano was exceptional. She inspired him to reach beyond his comfort zone and try new things. Whenever he encountered any problem that was impeding his learning, she helped him work through it every time. Her teaching methods were very effective and efficient. She was always punctual and very flexible. She was also always upbeat and pleasant and I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a music teacher.
· Singing · In home Danielle is the most cheerful, patient teacher we could have hoped for. She made singing and playing the piano an utter joy for my teenager who saw her as not only a teacher but as a friend. Her knowledge made learning accessible and fun, and as a musician myself, I can say that listening to her beautiful voice was no hardship.We enjoyed clear goals, excellent communication, and an overall fantastic experience. Quote from the teen: "She is amazing in every way!"
Pretty good when you can impress a teenager.
· Piano · In home Danielle is superb in every way, both as a teacher and a dependable, smart, kind person. I recommend her wholeheartedly and with no reservations whatsoever. With any other teacher, my child would not have advanced in piano. But under Danielle's tutelage, my child went from no knowledge or technique to a very strong ability for her age. Danielle made both myself and my child feel comfortable, confident, and relaxed. I have a high energy, easily distracted, somewhat insecure child, and Danielle held her attention with patience, conscientiousness, and compassion. One of the highlights of my week was welcoming Danielle in our home to instruct and mentor my child. We will miss her very much now that she has relocated. However, we wish her great success, and I hope this recommendation will inspire you to hire her for your lessons.
· Piano · In home Danielle was a delightful piano teacher for my thirteen-year-old daughter. She was engaging, experienced, professional, and supportive. My daughter loved having Danielle as her teacher and we are both so sad to see her go. I can't recommend Danielle enough and will be keeping my fingers crossed she returns to Corvallis one day.
· Singing · In home Extremely friendly and professional. Very understanding and helpful when my son had any difficulties. He can't wait for his next lesson!
· Piano · In home My son said, "it was fun". Thank goodness there are teachers like that
· Vocal Training · Danielle was an outstanding instructor at our school. She had a very structured way of teaching and she knew how to tailor lessons to each of her students. I could see the effectiveness in her teaching in how her students were able to progress in the time that she was with them. Each of her students that would perform in our school recitals would show vast improvement every time. She taught students of all ages and levels and each one of them loved her. She had a great relationship with each of her students. Once a student started lessons with Danielle, they never wanted to leave her.
· Singing · In studio Danielle is an amazing instructor. She was my daughter's first vocal coach. We worked with Danielle for nearly a year and were so sad when she had to relocate out of state. My daughter had a naturally good voice, but Danielle's attention to technique, sight singing, performance skills, and basic music theory helped my daughter grow significantly as a vocalist. My child has a diagnosed anxiety disorder. She tends to be really hard on herself and upset easily. Danielle provided her with the perfect balance of challenging material and confidence-building praise. My daughter shines on stage now, and we know that Danielle is largely responsible for her success. I highly recommend that you select Danielle as your music instructor, as her knowledge of the field and kind ways will continue to enhance the talents of others.
· Singing · In studio Danielle knows how to captivates and keep the attention of the kid. She is very sweet and professional at the same time. My 6 years old daughter loved to have Danielle as her teacher. We love her.
· Piano · Danielle introduced theory and technique that improved my skills. She is a wonderful instructor.