- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
- I have a record of success with students of all ages, backgrounds, abilities, and goals
- I teach using a variety of methods and styles, including my own authored books
- I own a music academy where I train others to be successful instructors
- I have a very high student retention rate
- I've been playing over 25 years
- I have a BA in Music from Florida State University
- I have been teaching for 17 years
- I have personally taught over 15,000 private lessons
- I have played in numerous bands
- I have gigged professionally
*** Lesson Details ***
I customize the lessons to the goals of each student. Whether it's for fun and leisure or a driven passion with serious goals, I can give you the tools to accomplish what you want! I love teaching people through the music that they love. So, whether that's Britney Spears, Metallica, or Bach, the concepts underlying music are basically the same. I will make sure you can play the music you love and hopefully help you explore new music as well.
*** Studio Equipment ***
In my studio I have a Guild Classical, Alvarez Acoustic, and Epiphone Electric.
All the accessories needed as well. Music Stands, Foot Stools, Picks, Straps, Slides, Tuners, Books, etc.
I also use an iMac in lessons. I like incorporating technology when appropriate, to look up tunes, or do a recording session, it's a necessary tool to learn nowadays.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I will bring everything we need to conduct a proper lesson remotely. I do recommend you have your own guitar though.
*** Specialties ***
For all the advanced knowledge I have and years of teaching students of all kinds, my favorite is teaching beginners. I love seeing someone come in with no knowledge of music, and taking them from milestone to milestone. I love watching new musicians blossom.
I play, teach, and perform most frequently in classical, rock, blues, and pop genres.
Jersey City Private Lessons
Taught up to 60 students per week.
Ran studios of 15 teachers instructing 300 students per week.
Taught up to 60 students per week
Taught 40 students per week
· Mandolin · In studio Daniel knows music and teaching very well. Looking forward the next lesson!
· Banjo · In studio Dan has been really great to work with. He made sure to cover all of the necessary basics during our first session and gave me several techniques to practice on my own before our next lesson. I would definitely recommend him if you're looking to take lessons in the Jersey City / Hoboken area.
· Classical Guitar · In studio Good instructions, and perfect teaching pace according to student's skill level.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Dan is a great teacher. I have completed 5 lessons with Dan so far and have learned a lot at each lesson. He also does a great job of making sure that you have the tools to practice and improve on your own in between lessons.
· Guitar · In home Excellent!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Good instructor and teacher
· Piano · In studio Great first lesson! Fun and easy to understand.
· Guitar · In home This is review is for the first class I had with Daniel. He is very easy going and thorough in teaching guitar. More classes to go..so will update my reviews.
· Piano · In studio He loved the instructor and how patient he was !
· Ukulele · In studio Very experienced instructor, great with little kids ( mine just turned 6). Lesson was fun with clear instructions that a 6 yr old can understand. And by the third lesson, my daughter is playing short songs!!! Highly recommended!