- I have a record of success with students of all ages, backgrounds, abilities, and goals
- I teach using a variety of methods and styles, including my own authored books
- I own a music academy where I train others to be successful instructors
- I have a very high student retention rate
- I've been playing over 25 years
- I have a BA in Music from Florida State University
- I have been teaching for 17 years
- I have personally taught over 15,000 private lessons
- I have played in numerous bands
- I have gigged professionally
*** Lesson Details ***
I customize the lessons to the goals of each student. Whether it's for fun and leisure or a driven passion with serious goals, I can give you the tools to accomplish what you want! I love teaching people through the music that they love. So, whether that's Britney Spears, Metallica, or Bach, the concepts underlying music are basically the same. I will make sure you can play the music you love and hopefully help you explore new music as well.
*** Studio Equipment ***
In my studio I have a Guild Classical, Alvarez Acoustic, and Epiphone Electric.
All the accessories needed as well. Music Stands, Foot Stools, Picks, Straps, Slides, Tuners, Books, etc.
I also use an iMac in lessons. I like incorporating technology when appropriate, to look up tunes, or do a recording session, it's a necessary tool to learn nowadays.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I will bring everything we need to conduct a proper lesson remotely. I do recommend you have your own guitar though.
*** Specialties ***
For all the advanced knowledge I have and years of teaching students of all kinds, my favorite is teaching beginners. I love seeing someone come in with no knowledge of music, and taking them from milestone to milestone. I love watching new musicians blossom.
I play, teach, and perform most frequently in classical, rock, blues, and pop genres.
Jersey City Private Lessons
Taught up to 60 students per week.
Ran studios of 15 teachers instructing 300 students per week.
Taught up to 60 students per week
Taught 40 students per week