- Teaches students:
- Ages 6+
- Teaching since:
My name is Daniel Campoli and I am a professional musician, pianist and composer. As a graduate of Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada, I possess a Bachelor of Music Degree in piano performance with honors in composition.
I possess four years of music education experience in piano instruction, instructing students ages five and up in the practical and theoretical knowledge and etiquette associated with the instrument, as well as technique, ear training and sight reading, implementing programs including but not limited to Canada’s prestigious Royal Conservatory of Music curriculum. As each individual student is unique, I am accustomed to adapting my style of teaching to suit multiple learning abilities.
I have studied piano for eighteen years with instruction in the Royal Conservatory of Music curriculum. I am a certified Grade 8 performer with post-secondary studies in Grade 9, Grade 10 and ARCT repertoire. I have received First Class Honors in each and every examination I participated in, and have performed extensively at Cornwall, Ontario's Kinsmen Music Festival (earning first and second place metals and trophies for various categories such as duets and solo performances), as well as Ottawa's Canadian Music Showcase and Gala, and I have participated as a provincial-level finalist in the 2009 competition of the Ontario Music Festivals Association.
Additionally, in my role as Director of Music at Manotick United Church in Ottawa, Canada, I accompanied the volunteer choir on piano and lead weekly practices to assist them in learning and refining the music with regard to interpretation and expression, phrasing, tempo and arrangement.
More of my professional experience includes ten years of composing original music for orchestra and chamber ensemble, electronic, jazz and world music. I have had the opportunity to compose original scores for two mini documentaries—one of which is currently being aired via the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC). I have composed original scores for two video games, one in full orchestral score and the other in a retro, 8-bit style. As a personal and academic undertaking, I conceptualized and composed, orchestrated and recorded a thirteen-minute orchestral suite that depicts musically the events of an original story I wrote based upon a drawing by Chris Van Allsburg.
I truly discovered my life in my love for music, and I wish to share that love with those who will receive it and find their own path in music.
- Instructed a roster of 20+ students ages 5 and up both the practical and theoretical aspects of the instrument.
- Utilized multiple instructional programs such as Alfred's Basic Piano Library (both youth and adult) and Canada's Royal Conservatory of Music up to Grade 8 (including practical examination preparation).
- Adapted teaching styles to suit learning style and level of ability of individual students to personalize education.
- Developed student knowledge of accepted performance practices and stylistic conventions.
- Ensured both new and returning students practiced and progressed in the areas of technique, ear training, sight reading and building repertoire for performances and exam preparation.