- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello! My name is Daniel and I have been playing and teaching bass (electric and upright) and guitar in all styles for over 10 years. I even have a Masters Degree and a double major Bachelors in music to show for it. My students have the benefit of highly customized lessons based on their interests and goals.
Cristian is a fantastic guitarist and composer from Argentina and the leader of CPQ. The CPQ is an ensemble that features flute, guitar, bandoneon, bass, and drums. This group has gotten to play at prestigious venues around the DC area such as Strathmore, Blues Alley, and Twins Jazz and has recently released a critically acclaimed album entitled Anima Mundi.
I have gotten to play with tremendous musicians all over the country in many different genres. It has and continues to be a constant source of inspiration.
Some highlights include sharing the stage with Jeremy Wilson (former trombonist with Vienna Philharmonic and current trombone professor at Vanderbilt University), Jerry Coker (jazz education pioneer, saxophonist with Woody Herman and Mel Lewis), and Andy Wood (national champion Guitar Center's Guitarmageddon, guitarist and mandolinist with Rascal Flatts).
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Daniel is very thorough and patient. He's a great teacher!
· Acoustic Guitar · In home He's a really great teacher and he's really nice. I never thought I would get this good just from 5 lessons, I really loved all the lessons I took and hopefully I will soon take more of them.
· · In studio Daniel is a great teacher. My children are always excited for their lessons. He is very patient and always on time. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs a good music theory, jazz theory and or bass teacher.
· Bass Guitar · In home I have been working professionally with Dan Brown for a few years now and I have to say, he is the finest bassist I've ever worked with. Primarily, he is a brilliant musician and a master of his instrument. But more than that, he has a clear understanding of the music and can communicate musical concepts in a simple, straightforward way. I've learned a great deal from Dan since we began collaborating and couldn't recommend him more highly as an instructor.
· Upright Bass · In home Can't say enough great things about Daniel. We are very experienced when it comes to music teachers, my daughter (9) has been learning Suzuki violin for 5 years with multiple teachers and last year she decided to also start taking Bass. Her lessons are both challenging yet inspiring at the same time- a combination that is hard to do. Daniel listens to the student and has a natural knack for knowing how to change up the lesson when needed while still focusing on building a solid foundation. He understands that playing an instrument also needs a growing appreciation for music/songs that the instrument can play and he continues to grow her repertoire of song styles far beyond the classical that she is used to. Most importantly she looks forward to her lessons and loves playing to songs she is learning.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Excellent bass player and teacher
· Upright Bass · In studio Daniel is an outstanding musician. I have had the distinct pleasure of witness this both as an audience member at his performances and while performing with me in my jazz trio. Daniel has a deep understanding of both classical music as well as jazz, rock and anything between. And best of all, despite all his great achievements and talent, he comes across as modest person who gives you inspiration to live up to his standards. He has quickly become one of the most sought after bass player and instructor in this region. I highly recommend him.
- Anders, saxophonist, TheSwedishJazz.com
· Upright Bass · In home Daniel is an accomplished Bassist, with the patience of a saint. He is Very knowledgeable about the history, and all aspects of the instrument, as well as teaching and explaining the playing technique and music theory. He is excellent with the bow on the upright bass as well!