- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Now accepting students in Aurora, Co. and surrounding areas!!!
In addition to teaching music, I have also worked as a special education assistant and wrestling/track coach at Lake Zurich Middle School South and an assistant Kung Fu/Tai Chi instructor at Green Mountain Arts in Logan Square, Chicago, Illinois. Jazz piano, Voice, and Composition are my main areas of expertise. However, I have also been recording, and playing guitar almost my entire life. I fully believe in music education not only for entertainment and personal enjoyment, but for many other means. Beyond its capacity for being used as entertainment, music aids in learning, helps develop advanced motor skills, increases memory function, and many other purposes for a well rounded education. It is my goal to help educate the next generation in traditional music practices as well as incorporate new techniques that are relevant to our current day and age.
*** Lesson Details ***
Lesson plans vary from person to person. I always make it a point to get to know the student's existing musical knowledge, goals, and background before I create a personalized lesson plan. All important concepts are covered as they are needed so students can understand theoretical concepts based upon actual application and usage. In short, I teach in a way that students can "dig in" right away and play, create, improvise, sing and/or compose freely and naturally. I always encourage students or parents to contact me with their goals, previous musical training, etc., and discuss what they really want out of lessons so they can get the most out of taking me on as an instructor.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Acoustic and Electric piano, Digital Recording Studio, Extensive library and teaching resources
*** Specialties ***
*Teachers marked as a Student
Has taught a minimum of 25 lessons and has received the highest
feedback rating from students.Jazz Piano, Composition, Choral
Chen Tai Chi
Chow Gar Southern Praying Mantis
Students with special needs
Students with any form of I.E.P.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Piano · In home Daniel adapted throughout the course of the hour-long lesson to understand what I already knew and find appropriate ways to fill in the gaps of my knowledge. He also started me on the process of learning a new approach when looking at and learning to play new music pieces.
· Singing · In studio Daniel was very patient with me with our first lessons. I would highly reccomend daniel to anyone who likes a teacher who will patiently guide them to become a better singer and person.
· Singing · In home Daniel is very talented & did a good job giving my 2 grandsons their first singing lessons as a duet.
We intend to schedule more lessons
· Calligraphy · In studio Daniel was very knowledgeable, very patient with my 9 year old and taught at her pace. The environment was clean and quiet and conducive for learning. We both thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Would recommend to anyone!
· Classical Voice · In studio I was very happy that he pretty well pin pointed my problem with my voice and I was happy with the practice assigned.
· Piano · In studio Daniel is awesome!! He really knows how to customize the lesson to your skill level and makes it so that it's easy to learn. I'm already memorizing and learning things that I didn't think I would be able to. I'm really enjoying my lessons and so glad that I signed up. Looking forward to many more lessons from Daniel!
· Piano · In home My daughter enjoys taking lessons with Daniel. He takes his time with my daughter and she enjoys practicing what he teaches.
· Piano · Daniel is a highly skilled piano teacher.
I have been very impressed with Daniel's instruction abilities - he is patient, tuned-in to whether or not I 'get it', and has opened the door to a whole new way to re-learn piano for personal enjoyment.
· · Dan is an awesome teacher hes taught me so much in just the couple weeks that ive veen taking lessons. I hear things that i never heard before and i can already hear an improvement in my singing. Im already learning a song in my third week and its not boring because its an actual song i would like to perform. Overall Dan does a great job.
· · I wanted to take vocal lessons for such a long time yet I felt a little silly pursuing that at 55. But one day I decided it was a false limitation so I called. Dan is an awesome instructor, patient and encouraging. His favorite line.....AGAIN! Thanks Dan! Sue