I believe that over time, with dedication to practicing and properly structured lessons, students can become great musicians. I've seen this again and again in the 10 years since I started teaching, and I absolutely love watching young musicians grow under my guidance.
For me, teaching is a way of giving back. I am indebted to Bryan Dumm, (Cleveland Orchestra), Heidi Albert, (College of Wooster), Keith Robinson, (Kent State University), and many other well known musicians. These great teachers have taught me that good practice skills pay off in the end. Good technique makes you a better player. Also, the right focus and motivation will help you to grow, not only as a musician, but also as a person.
I provide properly structured lessons. I push my students hard to practice regularly, but it's ultimately up to the parents and the students to ensure this happens. Music provides kids with discipline, and it works the creative and analytical sides of the brain at the same time. How cool is that!
I perform with the orchestra.
· Violin · In studio Danae has been a great instructor. She has patience for the days that are more difficult that others and has been an encouraging factor in our your violinist's life. I would recommend her as a teacher to anyone looking for Violin lessons.
· Violin · In studio Danae has been teaching both of my kids piano and violin. They both really enjoy her and they have both made a lot of progress! We are very happy with her lessons!
· Cello · In studio Danae has been a wonderful teacher and she has helped me tremendously with my desire to play the cello. A quietly observant instructor has a way of noticing the roadblocks and suggesting the subtle changes that can help you through them. Danae has that quality and her experience as well as her ability to pass that experience along has been key to my progress. I truly appreciate her talent and her patience.
· · Danae is the best instructor for my daughter Emma. I mean for a kid who had no idea what the different strings were on a violin to playing songs is amazing. Danae really works with us when it comes to scheduling. She is very patient with Emma, making sure she understands what she is learning. Emma just loves Danae and wouldn't want another teacher.
· Cello · In studio Danae has helped our daughter improve her cello ability. She is positive with her and challenges her to push herself.
· Cello · In studio Danae has my daughter's cello teacher for two years now. She has helped my daughter learn countless new skills and improve her technique. Danae structures lessons around musical pieces that emphasize specific skills (e.g., learning a new clef) while engaging the student with the choice of music. Danae is very patient and relates well to her students. She also provides her students with opportunities that enhance motivation, such as performing with other students or at recitals that Danae organizes. I would definitely recommend her for cello instruction.