Dan S. holds a diploma in Modern Guitar Performance from La Musique Academy International and a Bachelors of Music in Guitar Performance and Jazz from Montclair State University. Dan Has been teaching since 2008 and brings both structure and a fully customizable approach to teaching, making sure you learn what you want and what you need to know to accomplish any musical dream. He has extensive experience working with children.
At age 9 Dan began studying such instruments as the viola, saxophone, piano and guitar. By the age 12 he identified more with the guitar and chose it as his primary instrument of musical expression. Dan is currently playing venues in and around NYC and the metropolitan area, jamming with some of the best live musicians around. He has also performed in France and looks forward to tour more of Europe.
His musical influences range from The Blues, Pop, RnB, Rock and EDM. This range of music continues to influence his writing and vocal styling developing a sound that is truly unique.
Dan has been teaching since 2008 and brings both structure and a fully customizable approach to teaching, making sure you learn what you want and what you need to know to accomplish any musical dream
Two summers working with children.
SoundExchange helps the music and creative community thrive in the digital age. SoundExchange is the independent nonprofit collective management organization that collects and distributes digital performance royalties to featured artists and copyright holders.
We represent recording artists – from unsigned a cappella to acid rock to multi-platinum stars and master rights owners including major and independent record labels. It’s our job to ensure that these artists and copyright holders are compensated when their work is broadcast by non-interactive digital radio.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Guitar · In home I've taken guitar lessons from a few teachers and Dan is the best fit I've ever had. He is very patient and does a fantastic job of tailoring lessons to individual needs. He clearly loves to play music and is very thoughtful about how he shares this knowledge in his lessons. He never fails to encourage me as a guitar player and reinforces a 'can do' attitude. His positive and calm demeanor also make for a fantastic instructor. Thank you, Dan.
· Guitar · In home Dan is a patient instructor who is always encouraging. He also makes the lessons fun. I appreciate how he customizes each lesson for my needs.
· Guitar · In home First lesson was a great experience for my kids. They are practicing on their own!!! I could tell they couldn't wait for their next lesson. Thank you Dan!!!
· Guitar · In home In my first lesson with Dan I learned more than I did in all the lessons I've taken before. He clearly prepared for me, he inquired and listened to my objectives and he was full of great advice and feedback. I've been trying to learn how to play guitar for a long time and I feel like Dan is the right teacher for me at the right time. The fact that we were jamming together by the end of the lesson is a testament to his skill. I can't wait for the second lesson.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home enthusiastic, patient, inspiring
· Guitar · In studio My 7 yr old daughter has been taking lessons with Dan for about 2 years now and I can't say enough about what an incredible teacher Dan is! His passion for music radiates and is infectious!! Aside from really knowing his stuff, he is funny and really great with kids. He makes the lesson fun and his teaching tactics keep young children engaged! We really enjoy having him as a teacher!!
· Ukulele · In home First session was great. Dan taught me what I asked to learn and gave me some basic building blocks. Looking forward to the next session! Thank you Dan.
· · I first encountered Dan when he was playing guitar as part of a group at a local event. Everything about him-his playing, his singing, his demeanor, how he related to the other musicians and the audience, caught my attention. He managed to hold the room, while being rather understated. When the musicians were done with their set, I introduced myself to Dan, and asked if he also gave lessons. Thankfully, the answer was yes.
My favorite thing about the way Dan approaches teaching, is his adaptability to different ways of learning. He has given lessons to both my daughters, and to my husband. Dan is quick to pick up on how each of them processes the information he is imparting, and creative in the way he tunes his approach to fit their different learning styles. (My older daughter and husband will be getting back to their lessons when their schedules allow.)
My daughter who is currently taking lessons, is an absolute beginner, and Dan consistently brings energy and enthusiasm to her lessons. More importantly, he really respects her efforts, and she feels that. It motivates her to practice, and to stay engaged. Plus, he's fun! I love hearing the laughter that peppers every lesson.
He has my highest recommendation.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Dan is a wonderful guitar teacher. Our son has been taking guitar and music theory lessons from Dan for over two years, and we couldn't be more pleased. Our son has made a lot of progress in both areas. Dan has very structured and balanced approach which he tailors to student's age and growing abilities. His patience and well versed musical experience makes learning fun. He is demanding and easy going at the same time. He is always punctual and responsible, so scheduling lessons is easy. Highly recommended!
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Great chemistry with our 10 year old son! Dan is very professional, attentive, punctual, and flexible. He is able to keep our sun interested and excited about playing guitar! We are lucky to have him as our son's teacher!