- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Damien G. received his Bachelor’s degree in Clarinet Performance from Loyola University New Orleans, his Master’s Degree from the University of North Texas, and is currently working on his DMA at the University of North Texas. As an undergrad at Loyola University, Damien toured as a clarinet soloist with the Loyola Chamber Orchestra in Yugoslavia, Hungary, and Vienna. He has been a member of the UNT Wind Symphony , under Eugene Corporan, and the UNT Orchestra, led by Anshel Brusilow. More recently, he has performed at two UNT concerto concerts as a soloist with the UNT chamber orchestra. Damien also has performed with the Contemporary Theater of Dallas along with other freelance activities in the DFW area. His teachers include: Mr. A. Crisanti,Dr. James Gillespie, Dr. John Scott, Steve Cohen, Daryl Coad, and John Reeks.
*** Lesson Details ***
I am mostly laid back, however, I do demand excellence and great tonal projection. For clarinet, I really like Klose's method, however, I use a lot of Rose Etudes, Voxman, etc. Sightreading is a focus in clarinet lessons as well as ear training and theoretical concepts such as building tetrachords, identifying major or minor intervals, familiarity with major and all forms of the minor scale as well. Special attention is given to hand position as well as noticing and achieving tonal excellence. For violin, special emphasis is placed upon proper bowing technique, left hand position, and ear training to improve intonation. Scales and arpeggios would be the building blocks to flawless technique. Method book that I prefer would include the Suzuki and Flesch methods. In all instruments that I teach, I also utilize You Tube videos to enhance the learning process.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect all students to have a stand and a metronome/tuner. With piano students I have a variety of educational games that make learning fun and easier. I usually travel with a whiteboard and manuscript paper in order to test music writing ability.
*** Specialties ***
I teach mainly in the classical genre....for Violin I like the Suzuki method, though I can teach through any method. I am aware of the freedom of jazz improvisation as well.
· Piano · In home My son has been taking piano lessons with Damien for a few months now and it is amazing how much he has progressed! Damien has tremendous patience in listening to my 8-year-olds chatter and redirecting him back to the lesson when he gets off track. My son enjoys his lessons and looks forward to having Damien over!
· Piano · In home My son loves Damien...he is very patient with my very very talkative 7 year old ball of energy...
· Piano · In home Created a great rapport with the child in the first meeting and has a very friendly approach!
· Violin · In home Wonderful teacher
· Piano · In home Damien coming to our home and teaching my 9 year old son has been a really great experience. My husband and I own our own business and Damien in-home lessons has made my son learning piano possible. My son really likes him and he is very patient with all the questions and explaining lessons to him
· Piano · In home My son is taking interest once again in Piano, Damien is awesome !!
· Violin · In home Damien is very patient with my son, my son is very visual and fights to see the notes on a book.
· Violin · In home Damien definitely knows his stuff! So glad he was suggested to me, we jumped right in covering the basics and laying the groundwork for great playing! I'm excited to keep learning!
· Violin · In home Damien is great at being patient with Una, and he always keeps her interested by trying new things. He will work in classical pieces, but also pop songs to relate it to her. Una always looks forward to her lessons! I definitely recommend Damien as an instructor!
· Violin · In home Very knowledgeable instructor and extremely accommodating. I lived slightly outside his radius and he went to great lengths to have TakeLessons extend his service area.