- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Cyndi has been very successful as a singer/songwriter, artist developer, producer and teacher. Originally hailing from Dayton, Ohio, she has resided in Los Angeles for many years. She has performed all over the United States and the world as an artist singing on cruise lines such as The Royal Carribean, Carnival, NCL etc., and has shared the stage with The Jackson's, Barbara Striesand, Stevie Wonder, CeCe Winans and many others. Cyndi is currently music director and artist for the tribute act, "The Voices of the Supremes, which performs in various venues throughout the United States and abroad. She is also President/CEO of her own Entertainment company, Neuhaus Entertainment Group, and has produced CD projects for numerous up and coming artists.
As a teacher, Cyndi has taught "Vocal Technique" to students of all ages ranging from 6-70 for the past 25 years. She was Youth and Young Adult Music Director for Crenshaw Christian Center, one of the largest churches in America, as well as A&R for their record label. As a songwriter/producer/artist developer on staff for 12 years, she produced numerous CD projects. Her song, "The Power of Faith," that she wrote for the Ever Increasing Faith broadcast can be heard all over the world daily on both television and radio. Because of her meticulous instruction, many of her students have gone on to obtain professional careers in the entertainment industry singing backup vocals for named acts such as Ameridan Idol, Fantasia, Gospel recording great, Kim Burrell, Nikki Minaj. Adam Lambert, starring in the lead role of Young Simba in the Lion King Production at the Pantages Theatre, recording the title song for the movie "Another Cinderella Story II, singing for Middleweight Champion of the World, Sugar Shane Mosley at Madison Square Gardens, another of her students went on to become part of the Grammy award winning girl group "Isis" and yet another is one of the main cast members on the hit TV show "Glee".
As a teacher, I get immense satisfaction from seeing my students excel and fly using the techniques and tools that I have taught them," Cyndi says beaming with pride. "My students have done tremendous things in the industry and it is my pleasure to continue to pass down the nuggets of wisdom and skill that I've obtained from over 30 years in the entertainment business."
Cyndi's training began at age 8 where she studied classical piano for 6 years. By age 15, she and her brother released their first independent single which did reasonably well locally. By age 19, while studying music at Ohio University, she along with her brother won "Right On" magazine's nationwide talent search and were offered two major recording contracts. She decided to sign with Philadelphia International Records under the auspices of Grammy Award winning producer, Thom Bell (who was recently inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame). She studied under Thom Bell and it was there that she learned the art of record production. She also studied vocal production under legendary Grammy Award winning producer, Hal Davis (Jackson five fame). Cyndi was taught proper vocal technique by vocal trainer to the stars, Seth Riggs and continued her private studies learning the vocal techniques of the great Alan Linquist. Her teaching style has subsequently morphed into a combination of all these great inspirational instructors.
As a teacher, Cyndi is kind, patient and extremely enthusiastic when it comes to instructing her students. Her students always see her as their friend and one who they know will bring out the best in them and desires that they grow to their fullest potential.
*** Lesson Details ***
When you come to Cyndi for voice lessons, you can rest assured that your vocals will never be the same. She is as comfortable teaching the beginner as she is instructing the seasoned professional who wants to hone their skills even further. She can always bring something out of you that you didn't know was there. Maybe it's the confidence that she exudes when she instructs, maybe it's her innate ability to know what's needed at any given time to make the student better. But whatever it is, you can rest assured that your lesson will be fun, thorough, and the lesson plan that she devises will cause you to arrive at the musical goals that you've set for yourself. She can help you or your child prepare for upcoming auditions, as well as any other scheduled performance. Cyndi will create a lesson plan that will certainly be tailor-made for your style and needs.
*** Studio Equipment ***
*** Travel Equipment ***
I can bring my Cd player to play tracks etc....the student should have a recording device to record the lesson, whatever performance tracks we'd be working from, and a keyboard would be helpful but not necessary.
*** Specialties ***
My style of vocal training concentrates on singing in the 'Ng" position and using cuperto as the primary way to produce more tone with less effort. I also train my students to breath properly utilizing the lower lumbar area along with breathing from their diaphragm. I generally train vocal students in all genres of music and I stress stage presence in conjunction with proper vocal technique.
Trained award winning groups, produced CDs, wrote and arranged/produced songs for live performance and recordings, traveled internationally with Sr. Pastor as vocalist, set up New York music ministry.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
One of three United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP and SESAC. It collects license fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. In FY 2013, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million in royalties.
· Singing · Online Ms. Cyndi is the greatest Singing Teacher because she is very knowledgeable, patient, understanding, personable and fun to sing with and that is just after one class!!! I can't wait for the next sessions!!!
· Singing · Online
· Speaking Voice · Online Cyndi is an amazing instructor. She can cone down the technique and deliver it in a very practical way. She is also very kind, funny and pleasant to work with. I would definitely recommend Cyndi to others who is trying to find the potential in his/her voice.
· Singing · Online Nice instructor, was very encouraging and explained concepts in an understandable way. First time having online lessons and she really made me feel comfortable.
· Singing · Online I'm soooo sad to be leaving Cyndi she was the best instructor ever!
· Gospel Singing · Online Yet another great practice! I've been trying to figure out what I am doing at the end of high notes that is causing weakness (or cracking) which is why I get scared to belt them out and now I feel like I understand what I am doing conceptually. Just gotta keep practicing and training to doing it practically. Even though this lesson was based on one particular song, I am excited to see how it impacts how I am able to sing others like it.
· Gospel Singing · Online I love how many songs we can get through in such a s short amount of time and that she also will suggest new songs for me to try out. Appreciate the constructive criticism (which songs honestly sound good for my voice and vice versa) as well as what I can do to help our music resonate with the congregation. Another great rehearsal!
· Singing · Online I wanted to share with everyone that I have the best singing teacher!! She is honest, patient and just a joy to talk to. My lessons are awesome and I'm becoming a better singer and my confidence is through the roof. Thank you so much for crossing my path and I really appreciate you and that there are still good people around like you!!!
· Gospel Singing · Online Another great lesson with Cyndi! Breaking bad habits learned from chorus that interfere with breathing today. Always find more ways to learn and improve even on the vocal exercises. Love learning how to express emotions better as well
· Vocal Training · Online