- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I love teaching, and enjoy passing on that joy, knowledge, and experience to my students! I tailor lessons according to the student's goals, abilities, and preference in musical styles. Whether you're wanting to learn the violin to be a virtuoso or just as a personal hobby, I believe you should enjoy the learning process!
I am passionate about music and enjoy teaching aspiring students! I am active as a violin teacher, performer, chamber and studio recording musician in the greater Los Angeles area. I hold a Masters of Music Degree in Violin Performance from California State University, Long Beach and have been playing the violin since the age of four. I've enjoyed teaching private lessons for the past 18 years and have experience in teaching group and private lessons to students of all ages, coaching string orchestras and string ensembles. I have a broad education in music with knowledge of classical, modern, and world music, as well as advanced training in music theory which I incorporate in private lessons. I have also studied conducting, music analysis, music history, voice, and advanced piano.
*** Specialties ***
While I specialize in classical music, I help my students discover what genre of music they're passionate about learning, including classical, jazz, pop, and fiddle. Lessons include scales, technique, ear training, sight reading, music theory, solos, duets, music performance and the option to prepare for auditions and youth orchestras. I tailor the curriculum I use depending on the need of each individual student. Please contact me for up to date lesson availabilities!
Beginner to intermediate students use method books such as Essential Elements, Suzuki Method, and the Royal Conservatory of Music. For young students, I also use the Sassmannshaus Tradition, and the Violin Fun Book series. Intermediate to Advanced students learn technique using Carl Flesch scales, and studies from Shradiek, Sevcik, Mazas, and Kreutzer to name a few. Solo pieces including from composers such as Mozart, Franck, Bruch, Mendelssohn, Seitz, Bach, Handel, Beethoven and Vivaldi. I also encourage my students to explore other styles of music that interest them, such as pop, fiddling, Celtic, and movie music.
· Violin · In home Connie was great! Looking forward to continuing lessons.
· Violin · Online Wonderful violin teacher, the best I have ever had. Very patient, although I am an adult student, re-beginning to play. Showed me things that I have done wrong for years in one session.
· Violin · In studio Connie is a teacher who really concentrates on the positive. She is a teacher who gives positive feedback in every lesson. She knows the material inside and out. Connie has a lot of joy in her teaching. She is a joyful and lovely person. I find her an amazing teacher!
· Violin · In studio I would highly recommend her for violin classes! My son Gavin ( 6 years old) has been taking classes with Connie and he has learned a lot. He is very happy with her and looks forward to each class. She is very patient with him, definitely a great teacher.
· Violin · In studio I have been taking violin lessons with Connie for almost 2 years now and i would highly recommend her! She has really helped me correct a lot of my bad habits from years of just playing on my own. Connie is professional, very patient and passionate about music and teaching. I take lessons with her privately (not with Take Lessons) and am thankful to have her as my teacher!
· Violin · In studio My daughter Lauren has been taking violin lessons with Connie for the past 3 years. We are so impressed how Connie has helped Lauren develop such a love for the violin! Connie is very knowledgeable, encouraging and also pays attention to detail. We love having her as our violin teacher and so glad we found her on TakeLessons!
· Violin · In studio I'm so thankful we found Connie as our violin teacher! We love her style of teaching and my son really looks forward to his weekly lessons with her. Connie is very encouraging, patient, and her passion for music and teaching really shines through. We would highly recommend her for anyone wanting violin lessons at any age or playing level!
· Violin · In home My fifteen year-old grandson decided to take up violin this summer. He has made such progress, and it is due in large part to Connie's positive methods of teaching--noticing what is right, and gently correcting what needs improvement. She is expert, analytical, kind and calm--what a combo!
· Violin · Very positive instructor!
Connie has been teaching my 12 year old daughter violin for a few months now, and I am so impressed by how quickly she has learned to play! We love Connie's positive feedback and professionalism. My daughter feels comfortable asking Connie questions and I am so glad we found her!