- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I'm a film composer by trade, but I love teaching as well. I love sharing my passion for music with others. I have a BM from Appalachian State University in piano performance and music theory/composition. I also have an MFA in music composition for the screen from Columbia College Chicago. I studied abroad in Ireland for a summer and learned traditional Irish music. I've been playing piano and composing since I was a young child, and picked up folk instruments along the way. Folk music has been a constant source of joy in my life, and I am continually learning more about it. Music is what gets me out of bed in the morning!
I was a composer's assistant while attending graduate school in Chicago. I wrote additional music, worked on sheet music preparation, recorded live instruments, and made virtual instruments. I worked with this composer until I moved to Los Angeles.
I taught accordion lessons for a year in North Carolina while attending undergraduate college. I had a handful of dedicated students, whom I sadly had to part with when I moved to Chicago for graduate school. I am looking forward to teaching accordion lessons again.
I taught a music class at my Alma Mater, Appalachian State University. I started a traditional Irish music course at my college, and as there was nobody to teach it, I was able to teach the course. I am very passionate about traditional Irish music, and it was a true joy to teach the course for two years.
The Society Of Composers & Lyricists is an organization consisting of Hollywood's professional motion picture, Television, and multimedia music composers, songwriters and lyricists, with histories in the art of scoring for motion pictures and television. Many of its members have won or been nominated for Oscars, Emmys and Grammy Awards.
Through advocacy, support and education, the Alliance for Women Film Composers aims to increase the visibility of women composers active in media scoring. The AFWC advocates for the inclusion of women composers within industry events; supports filmmakers, game developers and studios in their inclusion of women composers; and educates, mentors and inspires emerging women composers.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Composition · Online Personalizes the lessons towards your needs and helps you grow as a musician.
· Mandolin · In home It was a great first lesson - she assessed where I was, fixed some technique problems I was having and gave me things to work on for next time. She's very friendly and approachable, which is great for new-student anxiety ;-).
· Accordion · Online First lesson couldn't be better! Connor was totally patient with my kiddo, and she gave good advice on what to look for in a smaller accordion and variations in shoulder straps to help my tiny daughter not get tired from trying to hold up a big (at least for her) accordion.
· Mandolin · In home Connor is the absolute best! Couldn't possibly find a more talented musician or a more wonderl teacher!
· Accordion · In home super cool