Here's a little information about me and my teaching!
1) My experience as a teacher: I have been teaching both privately and at music schools for over 7 years. I have experience teaching private voice lessons and music therapy.
2) My experience as a performer: I currently sing and perform in the Seattle area. I recently moved from Chicago where I had a very active career singing. I know how to prepare you for auditions and performances because I myself am performing and auditioning.
3) My students: I've taught many different students, from beginners to advanced singers, children to adults. Whether you just want to learn how to sing your favorite song, or you are preparing for professional auditions, I can help!
4) I think singing takes hard work, but it's also important to have fun!
It is my goal to help every one of my students:
1) develop a healthy singing technique that will bring longevity to your career or hobby.
2) learn music efficiently and independently.
3) develop good practice habits.
4) learn basic ear training/sight singing.
If that sounds like something you would like to learn, click the green button on my profile to book lessons with me. If you are not quite ready to book, feel free to ask me a question.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
I've been studying voice for 12 years and teaching for the past 7. I received my Masters of Music degree in voice performance from the Chicago College of Performing Arts and my B.M. from UCF. Since graduating in 2013, I have sung with throughout the Chicago area and recently moved to Seattle. Some performance highlights include but are not limited to performing with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, the Chicago Sinfonietta, and in CCPA's production of the Chicago Premier of Daron Hagen's Amelia, and performing with the Grant Park Chorus.
I look forward to working with you!
*** Travel Equipment ***
I will provide books. I expect my student to provide a piano.
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in operatic singing. I received my training in opera; however, I also have training and performance experience in musical theater. I believe I am well equipped in several genres.
I sing in the Chicago Symphony's all-professional choir.
Performed the role of First Lady in Mozart's Die Zauberflöte.
Performed the role of Julia Jellicoe in Gilbert and Sullivan's The Grand Duke.
An American labor union that represents 8,000 current and retired opera singers, ballet and other dancers, opera directors, backstage production personnel at opera and dance companies, and figure skaters.
Sigma Alpha Iota is a professional International Music Fraternity for women. Formed to uphold the highest standards of music and to further the development of music in America and throughout the world, it continues to provide musical and educational resources to its members and the general public.Sigma Alpha Iota operates its own national philanthropy, Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc.