- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Claire M received her Master’s of Music in cello performance from California State University Long Beach’s Cole Conservatory of Music where she was a student of Dr. David Garrett, cellist of the Los Angeles Philharmonic. She has performed in the Los Angeles Cello Society concert series and as a participant in the California Chamber Music Institute. She has attended master classes with Anthony Elliott and Julia Lichten at the Aria International Summer Academy. She has attended the Los Angeles Suzuki Institute and trained in Suzuki pedagogy with Rick Mooney and Tanya Carey.
Prior to her studies at CSULB, Claire attended the University of Hartford’s Hartt School of Music where she received her Bachelor’s of Music in cello performance. While at Hartt, she studied with Steven Thomas and Mihai Tetel.
Currently, she is a member of the Dana Point Symphony and Symphony Irvine. She previously performed with the Debut Orchestra and the Orange County Collegiate Orchestra. She is a founding member of the Los Angeles based cello quartet, Love4Cello. In 2014, as a member of the Southern California Chamber Ensemble, she performed in Nagoya, Japan. She is also the cello teacher at Fullerton College as well as the cello coach at Renaissance High School for the Arts in Long Beach. Since 2008, she has freelanced and taught privately around the Los Angeles area, including her private studio in Long Beach.
We provide orchestral string musical groups for weddings and events in the Southern California area.
A Los Angeles based cello quartet, playing in the classical, pop, and rock music genres, performing in the Southern California area.
with Tanya Carey
with Rick Mooney
The American String Teachers Association, founded more than 60 years ago, is a membership organization for string and orchestra teachers and players, helping them to develop and refine their careers. ASTA's members range from budding student teachers to artist-status performers. The organization provides a vast array of services, including instrument insurance, an award-winning scholarly journal, discounts on publications and resources, annual professional development opportunities, and access to collegial network of colleagues throughout the string profession.
MTAC aspires to be the recognized leader in (1) Student Programs, which make a positive impact in the quality of music education and in the lives of music students; (2) Member Programs, which inspire quality teaching, the pursuit of ongoing teacher education and member involvement with community outreach; (3) a thriving Foundation, which funds Student Programs and member needs through its investments, donations, and grants.
The Suzuki Association of the Americas, Inc. is the not-for-profit organization officially licensed to support, guide, and promote Suzuki education in North, Central, and South America. The SAA was founded in 1972 and currently has about 8,000 members.
In 1897 at the University of Maine, ten senior students, two faculty members, and the school president created an honor society that was different from the few others then in existence-one that recognized and honored excellence in all academic disciplines. Under the leadership of undergraduate student Marcus L. Urann, the group formed the Lambda Sigma Eta Society, which was later renamed Phi Kappa Phi from the initial letters of the Greek words forming its adopted motto: Philosophìa Krateìto Photôn, "Let the love of learning rule humanity." Phi Kappa Phi's mission is "To recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others."
· Cello · In studio Claire was very thorough and very patient with me as a first time player of any string instrument.
· Cello · Online My daughter enjoys her online lessons with Claire.
· Cello · In home Claire is a very good teacher. Highly recommended. The pacing of the lessons is both challenging and comfortable. I appreciate her demos and duets with me as these help me to practice listening and anticipate playing with others in the future. I've had six 45-minute lessons so far and I feel I've learned a lot and have improved significantly, but I'm also aware of the areas that need improvement. I look forward to continuing to take lessons with Claire.
· Cello · Online Great 1st lesson! Definitely helped set me in the right direction. 😸👍
· Cello · Online I was at first a bit skeptical about online lessons, but it was as if Claire was teaching me face to face! She is a gifted teacher. I would recommend her for any age range. And the difference in location and time zones helped me find a suitable time for lessons to fit my schedule.
· Cello · Online A very patient teacher for beginners. Very thorough with technique. Corrects issues that could become bad habits.
· Cello · Online Claire is very patient, knowledgeable, encouraging and prompt. We would recommend her to anyone. Skype lessons are wonderful.