H, there! My name is Chris, and I love teaching people how to sing! Whether it's brushing up on your karaoke skills or getting ready for the next school contest or professional audition, I'd love to help!
I attended Pacific Lutheran University for Vocal Performance, where I studied voice with Marcia Baldwin of MET Opera fame, and before that with George Peckham - the teacher of Merrilee Rush, and Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart. I've had the great privilege of working with such noted professionals as Marvin Hamlisch, Asher Fisch, and Peter Phllpsand with local Jazz legends such as Frank Demiero and Phil Matson.
In addition to teaching and singing, I conduct Illumni Men's Chorale (America's Got Talent, Season 6!), and I was the staff Vocal Coach for the Seattle Choral Company, Seattle SeaChordsmen, and the Seattle Men's Chorus - the largest male choir in the world.
I love teaching all styles of music, and while affectations may vary, the basics are all the same. If you're interested in lessons, please say hello!
Staff Voice teacher for the Boys (and some girls). in the Award winning SLHS music program. In my studio, we've had 20 regional winners, with over 50 students going to State including one 1st place winner, one 2nd place winner and two 3rd place winners. In addition, we've sent almost half the students in the studio to the All State choir!
In 2009, I founded Illumni Men's Chorale: Seattle's premier male ensemble. In that time, Illumni has appeared on America's Got Talent, CNN/Headline News, before the NWACDA Convention, appeared with Harvard Glee Club and the Tucson Arizona Boys Chorus, and is a regular guest at the Icicle Creek Music Center. In 2014, they released their latest CD 'Music of Russia', which was hailed by Oktavism.com as "one of the more remarkable recordings in the world".
The group regularly appears on local and national television.
Private voice lessons and group vocal coaching.
Staff Vocal Coach for the largest men's chorus in the world, working with the entire group, as well as soloists on styles ranging from Broadway to pop, opera, classical, gospel and barbershop.
Vocal Coach for the men's section at one of Seattle's finest community choirs.
Vocal Coach for the Seattle SeaChordsmen, one of Seattle's oldest choruses, then Interim Conductor while they searched for a new leader.
Founded in 1959, the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) is a nonprofit music-education organization whose expressed purposes outline the associations dedication to the advancement of choral music. The mission of ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
· Classical Voice · In studio Excellent teacher who is able to get me sounding better quickly. Chris helped me learn my parts & to make a much better sound. Thanks!
· Speaking Voice · In studio I am glad to find him. He is an excellent teacher.
· Singing · In studio Lessons with Chris are always a good time, and I feel like I learn a lot week by week. I always feel comfortable as a beginner, and the atmosphere is such that I don't fear making a few mistakes on the way to a good sound. Would recommend!
· Speaking Voice · In studio Chris is great. His approach is tailored, step by step and practical. His explanations, and even written diagrams, have helped me to grasp and execute techniques I hadn't been able to previously.
· Singing · In studio Chris is amazing!!! Wonderful energy and extremely knowledgeable!!! He makes each lesson unique and FUN!!! He can explain complex vocal concepts with ease and makes sure you understand how to sing efficiently. I have been working with him to regain vocal strength and sing past my nodes and he has helped me so much!! He makes sure you leave every lesson with tools to continue your growth. Excellent teacher -- I highly recommend!!! I will be seeing him for a very long time!
· Singing · In studio Had fun working with christopher! Looking forward for my second lesson!
· Singing · In studio I've had singing lessons for many years, and Chris is one of my favorite teachers of all time. Whether you are a beginner or already know how to sing, I would definitely recommend taking lessons with Chris.
· Speaking Voice · In home Had a great first lesson and I am looking forward to working with Christopher!!
· Singing · In studio Very knowledgable and tons of fun. Singing is improving at a rapid pace!
· Classical Voice · In home Very knowledgeable