- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
The Exquisite Voice, Inc.
Christine is a professional vocal coach and piano instructor with an exceptional reputation. She is the owner of The Exquisite Voice, Inc. and resides in Old Town Alexandria.
She has over seven years of teaching experience and has taught hundreds of students, including the full spectrum of learning needs during this time (both vocal and piano throughout the DMV area). She is considered an expert in her field and maintains a very active studio.
Christine's unique approach to voice has allowed her to continue to help beginning to expert level students advance their technique with incredible results.
Christine is a master of vocal technique and specializes in vocal intonation. She teaches how the voice should perform from a wholistic approach by integrating the body to support the voice.
Although her methods are placed firmly in the true Italian traditions of bel canto, due to her extensive experience and knowledge in various styles, she has her own unique approach to all legitimate styles of singing that is beyond comparison, nor can her teaching style be matched.
She has a phenomenal ear and knows what to listen for and then how to direct students during the process.
Christine is a dramatic soprano and is very confident and experienced with large instruments (that are more difficult to train for various reasons). Having an extremely rare and large voice herself has given her invaluable insight toward fully understanding all other voice types and the discipline necessary to achieve efficient technique.
Many teachers can be limited in their view and teach "their technique" as opposed to helping the student develop their own technique and what works best for them.
Developing technique in a complete and effective way leads toward discovering the full capacity of our instrument without compromise or compensation.
Students should expect to learn how to use breath direction that continues to connect and blend registers, modification of placement that creates cover, internal space with an open throat and sustained low larynx by using efficient breath and support from the body.
Her methods in vocal intonation translate directly and indirectly into all styles of legitimate singing, which she coaches many varying styles and will direct student toward appropriate rep. Students will learn the full potential of their instrument under her guidance. It is her belief that technique should lead toward one sounding natural, no matter the style.
Christine offers very traditional based vocal lessons with a focus on improving technique through practical exercises and song rep designed for each student's unique vocal needs. She will offer necessary guidance and adjustments to ensure the student's continuous development.
Her goal is for her vocal students to discover their authentic voice and to find freedom in their technique and most importantly their expression as artists.
Christine is also a highly sought out piano instructor for her ability to establish an exceptional foundation in beginning piano students and those who wish to continue their studies and build upon the fundamentals. She specializes in reading skills and excellent technique.
It is her belief that having a solid foundation sets the tone for determining if a student will continue with their studies and therefore this is the most vital part of a student's development and future progress.
She teaches Russian technique, which allows for flexibility, strength and tonal beauty of musical lines. This technique can be applied to all styles of playing piano such as pop, jazz and is not limited to just the classical repertoire.
Her goal is for all of her music students to become increasingly independent as musicians to where they feel confident to teach themselves and others and to ultimately find enjoyment in the process of learning music.
Her approach helps students advance their technique, reading proficiency, including music theory and expand their artistic capabilities.
She received her music education in classical vocal performance from George Mason University and has vigiourously continued her studies in opera with Mrs. Fabiana Bravo, who studied with Luciano Pavarotti and Renata Scotto. Christine specializes in Italian for classical rep.
General styles I coach:
Opera (bel canto and verismo) classical, sacred, hymnal, traditional, jazz, r&b, folk, among other popular styles.
Christine also has an international recording career as an adult contemporary artist.
Voice lessons begin at age 12 and piano at age five. Please no inquires about exceptions on age or travel, I will not respond. I teach from my home only, regardless of distance. I am worth waiting for and traveling to:)
What do I expect from students who are applying:
Those who are hard working, motivated, passionate, dedicated, responsible, considerate, humble and serious about lessons and greatly improving as musicians should apply only!
I strongly believe that music is a discipline and this is how it will be approached during lessons.
I am looking for potential long term students who are willing and ready to work hard in a practical and realistic manner, regardless of age, learning needs or proficiency.
I have limited availability and I am only seeking serious students who have a positive professional attitude and will value me as a teacher. Thank you.
Private vocal coachings based on proper technique, artistry, interpretive skills, diction, acting, mentality, movement and more.
· Piano · In home We moved to Mt. Vernon area less than a year ago, and we needed a piano instructor for our three children who was affordable, but both my husband and I are from musical backgrounds, which makes finding a teacher a difficult process, as we aren't interested in taking just anyone who happens to have a degree in music. Christine is a rare find. She teaches in what I would describe as an immersion style that keeps the lessons steeped with concepts from theory to technique to artistry. She surrounds the children (mine ages 5, 9, and 11) with explanation, demonstration, analogy, and encourages them to learn at their own pace. "Do you understand?" is her gentle motto, probing for areas where the children need reinforcement. When they admit they aren't getting something, she will circle back to explanation from many different angles, illustrating a deeply empathetic reading of individual learning styles. My 5 year old began lessons 3 months ago and is already reading music. She listens to the children and asks thoughtful questions about their personalities. Christine is exacting in the best way an invested parent could hope for. Masterfully, she challenges the children to perfect themselves as she allows the time for such training and evolution to take place. I have been so pleased and excited over the children's experience, that I am seriously considering taking voice lessons with her, myself. I could not more highly recommend a piano instructor.
· Piano · In home It was truly by chance that I found Christine after another instructor didn't work out, and I am so fortunate! Day one, I was impressed with her professionalism, passion for music, and patience with a first time adult piano student.
I've always wished I had played an instrument growing up; now that I'm stable, I decided to go for it! However, I was very nervous, considering I had no musical experience. Christine has been nothing short of encouraging. In addition, my 8 year old son is taking lessons with her. It is evident that she has a gift when it comes to teaching. She has constructed her teaching methods in a way that is suitable for all ages. Although I'm learning to play at an accelerated pace compared to my son, we're able to communicate and play together because of Christine's consistency with her teaching methods.
Christine's goal for all of her students is that they will leave with the confidence and ability to go out and teach others how to play the piano. As a healthcare professional, I love knowing the rationale for things; that's what you're going to get with her. No memorization over here!! With each week, I'm getting better with reading music, understanding the WHY behind what I'm doing, and becoming more familiar with my instrument.
· · In studio Christine is undoubtedly an accomplished expert in both piano and voice (she taught my 7 year old daughter both) and has an unique ability to translate this expertise into "laymans" terms for even the youngest student. I watched my daughter grown during our time with Christine, in not only her musical abilities but also as a young lady -- taking responsibility to practice at home, wanting to do her best, and reading her lessons to make sure she was on track. Christine is pleasant and engaging, and yet has a gentle firmness when my daughter needed that extra nudge along the way. I could not give her a higher review, for any student, at any age ... with Christine as your teacher you will learn, grown and achieve your goals. (I say "was." as we moved across the country, otherwise we would have been with Christine until my daughter went to college ... my daughter, and I, think the world of her!)
· Piano · In home First lesson was great. I was impressed by her teaching method and eagerness to teach with warmth
· Piano · In home Very knowledgeable and prompt. She is NO amateur of the piano nor at teaching. My daughter enjoys their weekly sessions. We will definitely continue with Christine as long as she's offering the lessons and my daughter is still interested!
· Piano · In home Christine is great - she is very patient but a great for an active 7 yr old.
· Piano · In home I felt really motivated taking the lessons today
· Piano · Christine is an outstanding piano teacher. My son's skills and love for playing the piano have flourished under her tutelage. She focuses on both theory and practice and listens to her students and their parents to ensure a positive experience.
· Vocal Training · In home Your are a very great teacher. The most patient teacher ever
· Singing · In home Christine kept a very open and fun atmosphere which made for a wonderful learning environment. Her knowledge in her art and ability to tell what I was doing wrong and being able to correct it just by listening was impressive and inspiring. She has mastered the ability to explain the mechanics and fundamentals of singing in a simple and easy way to understand. I look forward to all future lessons with Christine and am excited to see the things that I can learn and accomplish with Christine's guidance. I would recommend Christine for anyone of any age to take lessons with her.