My name is Christina and I am very passionate about the vocal arts, specifically Opera. Opera was a surprise in my life that I discovered in college. It moved me to a point where I knew it was what I wanted to pursue. Though singing classically takes great patience, discipline, and perseverance, that 5 minutes on stage projecting pure vocal freedom and expression make it well worth it. The classical technique can provide a great foundation to healthy singing, which can ensure a long vocal life.
Along side opera, I believe basic knowledge in piano is extremely beneficial in improving musicality and an understanding of each piece. Piano greatly improves sight reading and ones ability to learn music quickly and efficiently. It can allow one to develop an understanding of harmony and context within each unique piece of music.
I have recently started teaching and would love to help and guide those interested in music, specifically classical voice, opera, musical theater, and piano. I would love to share the great joy it brings me with others and pass down what I have learned over the years. I have completed courses in music pedagogy and education alongside my degree, and believe in shaping my lessons around each individual's learning style so that each student may continue to grow while having fun.
Leads church hymns and performs a solo during each service.
Featured soloist with the Santa Ynez Master Chorale and Orchestra
Leads church service in hymns and responses
· Singing · Online Our 10 year old daughter Indigo has been taking lessons with Christina for about 9 months. We are stopping for the summer as life is too busy, but Christina has taken Indigo's voice from one that mimics whatever she hears, and trained her to sing with her own voice in the most pure way. She just performed at her school talent show and was the star, thanks to Christina's encouragement, expertise and understanding of how a child's voice should develop have helped my daughter find her voice and shine xx
· Singing · In studio Christina is the best! I took singing lessons from her last year on a whim because it's someThing I had always wanted to try. She is a wealth of knowledge and every time I went to her was so impressed to hear my singing improve every week thanks to the clear cut direction she would provide to me. She has a wonderful personality and Id recommend her to anyone looking for musical training.
Christina, you sound amazing in your video on here singing opera- simply earth shattering and powerful sound! Still working on breaking the sound barrier over here haha
· Singing · Online Christina was the best!
· Singing · Online
· Opera Voice · In home Amazing person and teacher, a teacher who can handle any student in any level or age or knowledge. She is extremely prepared which is why i would say she is probably the smartest and knowledgeable vocal teacher on takelessons. Christina is pacient, kind, motivates and will get you where you want to be.
· Classical Piano · Online My daughter loves Christina, very kind and patient and encouraging. Highly recommend!!!!!
· Singing · Online Daughter really enjoyed her 1st lesson! Christina's style and experience are a great fit!
· Vocal Training · Online For a long time I had difficulty singing but Christina has done a great job of helping me improve my voice. She's able to explain concepts in a way I understand and I've made significant process while working with her. I highly recommend Christina to anyone looking for a great vocal teacher!
· Piano · Online Christina is a great teacher. She is patient and kind but maintains high expectations. My daughter appreciates her cheerfulness and willingness to let her pursue her own musical interests. I highly recommend her.
· Piano · Online