- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi! My name is Chris, but a lot of people call me Luppy (pronounced "loopy"). I am a professional musician in the St. Louis area specializing in jazz as well as performing with my band Sky West Trio (www.skywesttrio.com). I am classically trained but also play by ear. I have years of experience in the music business. I toured the country for 8 years with a band (LP Outsiders) that led to a publishing deal with Windswept Pacific, landing a song on the Three To Tango movie soundtrack, appearing on the Disney Channel Show "2 Hour Tour" with 98 Degrees, and opening for many national acts. We even toured with Big Bad Voodoo Daddy for a year. I also played trumpet on a b-side on Natalie Imbruglia's multi-platinum selling single to "Torn," and did some songwriting with Robbie Nevil (of "Ce La Vie" fame).I also have performed all over the world including many caribbean islands like Aruba, Barbados, Curacao, St. Maarten and St. Kitts.
I offer lessons to people of ALL AGES! I customize my lessons to focus on the things YOU WANT TO LEARN. My favorite thing to teach is how to play by ear! I can teach you the system that all professional musicians use to be able to play songs instantly after hearing it once. It really is possible with a little practice.
I do also teach the classical repertoire if that is what you are more interested in. For most students, I teach a combination of playing by ear and learning music theory, as well as some classical repertoire.
· Piano · In studio Chris has been teaching me music theory along with my piano lessons. He is great and I plan to continue as long as possible.
· Piano · In home Great first lesson! As an adult who's always wanted to relearn piano, I feel confident that I made the right choice in Chris.
· Piano · In home Chris is awesome! He tailored my lessons to help me cover the skills that I most needed/wanted to work on while continuing to cover the basic materials he takes all his students through. He's professional, easy-going, flexible, and is a super talented player. Highly recommended for students of any playing level, or any age!
· Piano · In studio Chris is very knowledgeable about piano music. Also, he is patient and understanding.
· Piano · Chris is a very patient and caring person who not only continually works on his own skills and attitudes, but also encourages and rewards those qualities in others - both students and friends alike. His sense of humor, ability to motivate others, and his wide knowledge of music - everything from jazz standards to classic rock to hip hop - make him an excellent teacher for virtually any piano student.
· Piano · In studio Chris is simply the BEST!! patient and very thoughtful If your trying to learn the piano or simply wanting to brush up on your technique look no further because Chris is well versed in all genres of music. His trio played for my benefit last Friday to a standing room only crowd making the event both a success and memorable.
· Piano · In studio Chris is an amazing teacher! He has helped me understand and connect the dots quicker than any other piano teacher has. He will teach you to your preferences as to how and what you want to learn. He is patient, caring, kind, and thorough. He truly wants the student to understand the music but to have fun while doing it. He has a great sense of humor and makes the student feel comfortable. Oh and there is no use of rulers to slap fingers who make mistakes!!
· · Chris is great, really knows his stuff and relays it well to students. Excellent musician and teacher.
· · Chris is one of the most generous people and an incredibly talented musician. Whenever anybody asks who I recommend for a piano teacher I always send them to Chris.
· Piano · In studio Luppy is a world class piano player and one of the easiest going instructors anyone could hope to find. He is genuinely interested in his students success and is very patient and kind.
Luppy loves music and his energy can be contagious.
Ultra positive and knowledgeable instructor.
This is not a typical strict judgmental curt instructor. Luppy is kind and warm and wants others to succeed.
And.... did I mention he is a world class piano player?