Hi I'm Chris!
I was raised in the UK near London and was fortunate enough as a child to be exposed to many different styles of music and to musicians from all walks of life. When I later received a scholarship to attend Berklee College of Music my musical world expanded even further. I realized early on that not only does music unite people, but that music has an incredible power to take us on a journey, to evoke emotion, to express something that transcends what our vocabulary is capable of expressing. We all have our own voice and story to tell through music. Nothing gives me greater joy as a teacher than to witness a student express themselves confidently and proficiently through music, and for them to break through their beliefs about what they thought they could and couldn't do.
Every student is unique with their own special talents and challenges to overcome. It is my hope and purpose as a teacher to find out the very best way for you to not only reach your goals, but to surpass them!
I look forward to meeting you!
Composer and arranger for numerous theatre productions, on the east coast as well as in Los Angeles.
Piano teacher for private classes as well as some group piano classes.
Founded in 1863, the California Teachers Association has become one of the strongest advocates for educators in the country. CTA includes teachers, counselors, school librarians, social workers, psychologists, and nurses. These educators in the K-12 school system are joined by community college faculty, California State University faculty, and education support professionals to make CTA the most inclusive and most powerful voice of educators in the state.
· Piano · In home My 9 years old son and 7 years old daughter have been learning the piano for about 2 years with Chris. He has a special talent to make each lesson very enjoyable. Not only he inspires my children as a music teacher, he is reliable, respectful and very caring person. We are fortunate to have found a teacher like him.
· Piano · In home We found Chris after an extensive search for a good piano instructor for my then 5 year old son. Six years later, Chris is not only still teaching my son, but my daughter, younger son and myself too! Excellent instructor, talented pianist, very patient and yet he can make you play the piano without raising his voice. Highly recommended!
· Piano · In home Chris is an excellent piano teacher and I highly recommend him to any students who are looking to find a great teacher!! He's a superb pianist who has a very impressive educational/musical background as well as many years of teaching music which shows in his dedicated style of teaching to his students. My son is one of his many students who has started as a beginner and is now playing advanced piano songs. Chris has been my son's excellent piano teacher for the past four years and he's still learning from him. Chris is a very knowledgeable, patient, wonderful, always on time, flexible in scheduling the lessons, uses state of the art technology to assist the student in finding the music info that is needed, and is an all around great person!! We are very happy and lucky to have Chris teach piano to our son!! He really enjoys playing the piano everyday and for the audience.Thank you Chris!!
· Piano · In home Chris is patient with his students and will gently prod them to perform their best. He has open ear and listens to questions about piano technique. Chris has an innate ability to spur motivation in his students to practice, which is essential for children learning to play piano. We used to have difficulty having our son practice. Since he has been a student with Chris, he willingly practices more and has more love for the piano. Chris is a gifted teacher.
· Piano · In home Christian has been my teacher for many years. Through all these years, I had never even thought to discontinue or change his class. Christian holds a mixture of great skill as well as great patience for his students. You should also know that he is a certified teacher for the "Certificate of Merit Test". I was his first student to take the test. He had great confidencene in me and supported me and because of this and his exceptional teaching, I passed (of course). Adding on to his kindness and patience, Christian is also very qualified. If you would like to take the test, Christian is the teacher to learn from. Not only can he make sure that you learn all the requirements for the piano, he can also teach the theory part, which not all piano instructors absolutely know. Take it from me, a current student of Christian's, that you WILL NOT be dissapointed when you start taking lessons from the "Best Piano Teacher EVER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
· Piano · In home Chris is fantastic! His classes are fun and he's so patient with me. I've improved so much since I started taking lessons with him 2 years ago. I highly recommend him to everyone!