My name is Chau and I am a transplant from Australia who has resided in Las Vegas for the last 10 years. I have a Bachelor of Music degree from the University of Western Sydney and University of Nevada, Las Vegas, majoring in vocal performance and music technology. I am a wife to the best husband and a mother to three fabulous girls. I've been teaching voice for over 15 years and have loved every minute of it because I truly care about my craft and more importantly, my students and their creative goals. I was a Music Specialist at Merryhill School in Las Vegas, teaching K-8th Grade, until I became pregnant with my middle child. I've also worked in church worship teams for the past 15 years, both in Australia (Sydney and Brisbane) and Las Vegas, Nevada. My faith dictates the way I live my life and as a young child, my dad taught me to always strive for excellence in all that I do. This mentality has undoubtedly motivated my teaching career. My students can count on a teacher who is prepared and creative in developing a learning experience that will exponentially grow them in their creative field.
I inherited my love for singing from my Mum -- as a child I watched her perform and wished that I could one day do the same. At the age of 15, after auditioning, I was selected to be a part of the New South Wales Senior (High School) State Choir and as a result, I toured the USA in 1999 representing the Australian Embassy in the United States. This was around the same time that I caught the bug and decided to pursue music as a career. I then went on to study music, first briefly at the Music Conservatorium in Sydney and then finishing my Bachelor's degree in Music at the University of Western Sydney. I was first classically trained vocally and with that background, moved onto more contemporary vocal styles. After marrying my husband, I moved to Las Vegas and began to study Counseling/Psychology at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Music and Counseling, to me, made the perfect marriage as I love music and love people equally. Needless to say, teaching music and helping people has made my life very fulfilling.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Sitting area for Parents/Guardian
I will provide students with the necessary materials needed for instruction for e.g. Books, CDs, DVDs...etc
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in vocal techniques, and diaphragm/breathing techniques.
As far as style or genre are concerned, I use both, my experience in classical voice training and contemporary voice training, to keep my students engaged in their craft. I listen well to my student's needs and meet them where they are at, ensuring that I meet their creative goals and not my own.
· · Chau H is a remarkable teacher She has a lot of patience understanding She is carrying and she is not judge mental she wants you to succeed and she's always there for the students I totally recommend her to anyone at any age you will love her she makes you feel comfortable and her heart is warming loving !!!!!.....
· Singing · In home Chau has been a great instructor for me. When I was searching for a vocal coach, I took into consideration not only their credentials and experience but their ego or lack there of. Chau has fulfilled all my expectations that I wanted from a vocal coach. She really cares about her craft, her students and their progress. She's down-to-earth and is a positive energy to be around.
Chau has been a great match for me. She tells me how it is. She knows when to give me encouragement and when to kick me in the butt. She's strict in a good way. She notices little details and teaches me how to develop my own vocal awareness so I can start to notice mistakes myself when I practice on my own. She demonstrates special techniques that have been instrumental to my progress. I am thankful for her support and expertise, and for being a part of my journey to make my dream come true to learn to sing at last. ^_^
Even if you're a total beginner or experienced singer, you're in great hands!! ^_^
· Singing · In home My experience with Chau is absolutely amazing, I always look forward to going to her lessons. I have learned so much from her in a short amount of time and I continue to grow very quickly thanks her patience and hard work. I love how comfortable I feel with her and how helpful she is. She's motivated and really works towards getting you to your goal. I really appreciate all she does for her students :)
· Singing · In studio Taking lesson from Chau is always a pleasure! Chau has such a friendly and funny personality that makes you feel comfortable in your lessons. She not only acknowledges and presents your abilities and areas of improvement but also teaches and shows you how to improve your quality utilizing the strengths already present in one's own voice and the techniques she provides. She makes sure to explain the techniques/changes needed in a way that appeals to the student's understanding and takes the time to make sure you master them well. She emphasizes the great potential that is already waiting within and is frequently reminding you to strive towards it.
· Singing · In home Chau has been an amazing instructor. She gives great feedback and tries her best to help you understand the lesson. She's patient, kind, and pushes you to do better. I look forward to going because I know I'll learn something different.
· Singing · In studio Chau is very patient, very knowledgeable and very professional. I am really enjoying the lessons so far.
· Singing · In studio Loved it. Love Chau. Can't wait to learn more. :)
· Singing · In home Chau is awesome! I am very grateful to have her as my vocal instructor. She doesn't just help you develop your singing capabilities but also help you with your thinking so you can take charge of your talent. If you need a teacher, a coach, a mentor in music, Chau is the right person for you!
· Singing · In home Chau is very professional and knows exactly what I need to improve my vocals. Chau is extremely patient and really helps me to be my best.
· · She was amazing! I really appreciated everything that my daughter got out of the lessons. Chau is really personable. She did a great job at connecting with my daughter and tailored to her style. Recommend!