I'm an easy going and fun music teacher with real life experience. I build and taylor my lessons around "Your" goals not mine. Ultimately my goal is to make your experience FUN. Want to play songs? I can get you up and running within a couple weeks with simple strategies that accelerate your learning curve and bypass all the boring stuff that may only keep you further from your goal.
My experience? I've been performing and writing songs for 15 years, with 3 critically acclaimed albums and several North American Tours. I've accumulated an abundance of wisdom and skills, which I'd like to pass on to my students. Learn from a real pro who actually makes a living as a performing musician. Specialties include acoustic guitar and songwriting.
*** Lesson Details ***
Once again, my lessons are planned around your own goals, but I'll provide a broad description of all the stuff you can learn if you want to here:
Guitar: Learn how to play your first song or learn how to play and sing at the same time. Lessons include:
1) Learn scales and finger placement for max efficiency
2) Learn chords and finger placement for quick changes
3) Learn to play any song by learning basic chord structure and rhythm.
Songwriting: Learn the basics of songwriting with lyrics, melody and structure.
1) Learn about titles and themes
2) Learn about lyrics and how to really engage an audience with rhyming and imagery
3) Learn about structure including verses, bridges and chorus
4) Learn about melody and how to make original creative melodies
5) Learn about recording your song and picking the right tempo
*** Studio Equipment ***
Pro Tools Recording for Songwriting
Microphones = Dragonfly Blue and SM58
*** Travel Equipment ***
Martin DC10 acoustic
*** Specialties ***
-Teaching guitar for 10 years to beginner and intermediate students.
-2 of my albums are now distributed on iTunes, Pandora and Spotify
-Toured across the US over a 4 year period with the band Shaka Buku
- Written over 45 songs which were recorded and published
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.