- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I'm a passionate, motivated instructor who loves working with students of all ages. In 2003, I graduated from Bryan College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Music Education with a vocal emphasis and in 2011, I graduated from James Madison University with a Masters of Arts degree in Music Education with a Kodaly emphasis. I have performed in the past with the Fine Arts Chorale of Kansas City, Washington Kantorei, Choralis, Arundel Vocal Arts Society, the U.S. Navy Band Sea Chanters, and the Three Rivers Dulcimer Society.
Direct the adult choir each Sunday, choose the music for each service, lead the congregational singing each Sunday, and direct a weekly choir rehearsal.
Conducted choir for the traditional service each Sunday and directed weekly choir rehearsal. Subbed for the pianist/accompanist, played piano in the band for the contemporary C-mas Eve worship service, sang special music, and taught children's worship for the third service.
Taught pre-school through eighth grade general music, directed the music for 4 concerts, and taught & directed the music for the school's production of The Music Man.
completed summer course on how to best care for the voice for both singing and speaking capacities including a session on the adolescent changing voice by John Cooksey
three summers of intense study of the philosophy of teaching music by Zoltan Kodaly
· Piano · In home My daughter is loving her lessons and feels very comfortable with ceste!
· Vocal Training · In studio Ceste is the musical director for my church choir. I have been singing with the choir for several years. Recently, I started having problems with my singing voice because of spasmotic dysphonia.
I described the problems I was having at my first lesson with her. she gave me some physical exercises to relax the muscles in my shoulder and neck. this helped. then she listened to my singing. Ceste developed vocal exercises based on the physical problems. I was frustrated at first, but using the techniques greatly helped my singing.
I have taken voice lessons before; one of the things that I think is great about Ceste is that not only does she explain the exercise, she illustrates it which makes the lessons much easier to do.
I expect to continue with her in the fall.
· Classical Voice · In home I have enjoyed taking voice lessons from Ceste. She is an excellent instructor!
· Vocal Training · In studio Very gifted teacher with a great sense of humor, I grew in my abilities with new focus and less stress. I highly recommend Ceste as a vocal instructor and coach.
· Piano · In home Ceste has been a wonderful teacher. She has immense knowledge in music and she helps me a lot in my journey as a new piano student. Her tips while playing piano helps me get better. She also has a perfect pitch and she creates music sheets for my favourite songs so that I can learn it easily.
· Piano · In home This teacher was not upbeat, she was not excited about sharing and learning piano. She moved the pupil's hands.
We are looking for a teacher with more enthusiasm and openness to the learner.
· Piano · In home Having been away from instruction for many years, I was delighted with Ceste's gentle, accepting approach. I do believe that I will improve with her direction and my practice. I especially appreciated her listening to my goals for this experience.
· Vocal Training · In studio My son felt Ceste was an amazing, kind, and funny teacher who worked with him exactly where he was and toward his personal goals.
I felt she was very child-friendly, described things in ways my son understood. She worked on teaching him multiple warm-up methods and styles of singing, so he truly developed his skills, instead of just becoming dependent on a teacher or the same song. After only 2 months other people noted a difference in his voice.
· Flute · In home When I finally decided to follow my dream to learn how to play the flute I knew Ceste would be a wonderful teacher for me. With the exception of singing in church and along with my favorite songs on the radio I had very little experience with anything musical. Ceste was very patient as I learned how to read music accurately and when I didn't practice as much as I should because my job got hectic. Throughout our lessons Ceste was my biggest cheerleader; when I struggled she thought of different ways to explain something to me or searched for a different piece of music to help me reach a different note. Ceste truly cares about her students and seeing them succeed in their musical dreams/goals.