- Teaches students:
- and Ages 5+
- Teaching since:
- May 2008
Hello! I am an Off-Broadway musical director/composer and between shows I conduct private voice lessons to students of all levels and ages in NYC.
Many of my students are aspiring musical theatre actors or actresses, but many are simply passionate about singing.
What I specialize in:
- Creating personalized warm-up techniques that are healthy for each student to expand range (belt and head voice)
- Strengthening breath and core, locating vocal power
- Creating healthy vocal habits, identifying and breaking detrimental patterns
- Learning new music
- Finding music that fits within range, or music that is slightly challenging.
- Prepping for musical theatre auditions (elementary school through professional) - incl. behavior, preparation, song selection, etc.
- Vocal recording skills (with equipment - ask for more details)
- Creating a demo reel (video & audio - ask for more details)
"Crashlight" made its Off-Broadway Debut at the Cherry Lane Theatre in 2016, with a sold out extended run.
Private writing coach for aspiring playwrights, screenwriters, television writers ages high school and up. Freelance script editing/rewriting/ghostwriting
Private voice coach for students of all ages and genres.
Specializing in pop, musical theatre, jazz, classical, and basic technique
Conducting an interactive masterclass on marketing/theater producing in Manhattan for 11th and 12th grade
"Bottled Up" debuted at the DCTV Center in TriBeCa, with a sold out run.
"Dissonance", a play with dance debuted in San Francisco at the Joe Goode Annex in 2013 with all sold-out performances.
Lessons have been fantastic. Celeste has done a wonderful job in building confidence and Nelson is really enjoying the lessons and looks forward to them
Celeste is an amazing teacher. She's extremely knowledgeable in singing and in teaching singing as well. She makes me feel really comfortable (singing is not my strong suit) and knows exactly what to do to help me improv. Celeste listens to what it is I am hoping to achieve and pushes me to do so. Works at the pace you need!+ Read More
Celeste is an amazing voice instructor! She truly makes you feel comfortable the minute you meet her and she has so much knowledge about vocal technique and is very helpful in building your performance and audition materials!
She is also extremely patient with her students. She is very eager for her students to succeed and will take all the time in the world until you are comfortable and understand what she is trying to explain. She is also such a kind person and she is exactly the one you want coaching you! I cannot recommend her enough!!!! She is fantastic!