- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been teaching students on a regular basis since receiving my Violin Performance Degree in 2008, but have taught several students on and off for over 20 years. I have played in orchestras since Jr. High, including 2 paid symphonies in Louisiana. I am presently playing with a local symphony.
I have had several violin students sporadically for over 20 years. I taught one student from Elementary School through High School before getting my degree in Violin Performance and teaching on a regular basis.
I have been playing music for over 40 years. I began teaching, on a steady basis, in a music store and at my home after receiving my degree from Oct. 2008-Sept. 2009 in Southeast Texas. After moving in Sept. of 2009 to Scottsdale, AZ, I had 1 student through the TakeLessons Program. I moved again in August, 2011 back to Mesquite, TX and began teaching in a local school system for the 2011-2014 school terms. I began teaching in and am presently in a local Music Store from June, 2013.
The American String Teachers Association, founded more than 60 years ago, is a membership organization for string and orchestra teachers and players, helping them to develop and refine their careers. ASTA's members range from budding student teachers to artist-status performers. The organization provides a vast array of services, including instrument insurance, an award-winning scholarly journal, discounts on publications and resources, annual professional development opportunities, and access to collegial network of colleagues throughout the string profession.
Delta Omicron is a co-ed international professional music honors fraternity whose mission is to promote and support excellence in music and musicianship.
· Violin · In studio I'm a beginner student with no music experience. She is very patient and enthusiastic. I was able to understand some of the basics of music beats and notes on the first lesson thanks to Cathy. She also thought me the proper position to hold the violin. I'm very excited to continue my four lessons with her and I couldn't choose a better instructor than her. You can see her passion for teaching violin. I highly recommend her, especially for beginner students.
· Violin · In studio I learned a technique in that first lesson which is worth all five lessons put together. Cathy is an excellent and patient teacher who uses encouragement and a very positive approach.
· Violin · In home A wonderful, patient lady who loves what she does!!
· Violin · In home Cathy provides attentionto her student. She uses positive reinforcement and is encouraging.
· Violin · In studio Cathy is very patient and offers a wealth of musical knowledge!
· Violin · In home Cathy is my daughter's violin instructor. She is very nice and easy to work with. Professional and a good communicator. My daughter really likes her, as do we.
· Violin · In studio Cathy has been working diligently with me to help my technique to improve, which, strictly speaking, is sadly lacking on my end. She is very patient, bless her! Overall, I am pleased with her and my hope is to become a better musician with her guidance.