- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have taught voice for over twenty years. I studied music at University of California, Santa Barbara, where I received my B.A. I currently work as a professional singer for various local opera companies, music theater groups, churches and temples. I am principal soprano for Opera A La Carte and have also soloed with Repertory Opera Company, Redlands Bowl Festival, Laguna Beach Chorale and Celestial Opera Company. I have worked extensively in Los Angeles schools performing musical assemblies for students in elementary and middle grades through Southland Opera, LA Opera and Guild Opera of Southern California. My teaching experience includes private voice lessons and master classes at Idyllwild School for the Arts.
*** Lesson Details ***
I emphasize breathing techniques to free up the voice to expand your range and ease of singing. In the lesson, we start with simple warm ups and vocalizes and then apply techniques to the songs you want to sing. I realize each student is different and I customize the lesson to the student's particular needs. I specialize in classical and music theater, however the basics of singing apply to all styles of music. In addition to working on breathing and technique for singing, we'll also focus on interpretation of the songs you are working on as well as how to overcome performance nervousness. Most students find that they are able to sing with more freedom, less tension and will have more confidence as they progress.
I also teach beginning piano, using the John W. Schaum series.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lessons in the main room, upright piano
*** Travel Equipment ***
They need to provide a piano or keyboard if I am going to their home.
I have a piano in my home.
*** Specialties ***
I work on using the breath as a fundamental technique for singing. Singing should never hurt. I use a lot of imagery to achieve freedom in singing.
Teach in elementary schools such as LAUSD and other districts for children with special needs.
Performer for outreach productions in schools in bilingual opera Estrella and Barab's Little Red Riding Hood.
Performer in outreach productions in school. Perform in such shows as The Night Harry Stopped Smoking and Mission Nutrition.
Lead soprano for touring Gilbert and Sullivan Company.
Soprano soloist in such works as Carmina Burana, Mozart Exultate Jubilate and more.
Soprano soloist for production at Ballet San Jose
· Singing · In home Carol is wonderful with children.
· Piano · In home Very kind & patient :)
· Singing · In studio Great start - first lesson and I immediately felt comfortable with Carol. We started with proper exercises and into the music. She was good at showing me how to improve, and helping me eradicate some bad habits I've picked up.
· Singing · In home Carol is an awesome instructor. She has greatly helped to improve my singing and musical abilities. She is professional and always arrives on time. I highly recommend Carol!
· Opera Voice · In home Wonderful teacher! Amazing what I have learned since I began the classes last year.
· Opera Voice · In studio My high notes are so much better now!
· Singing · Excellent teacher
Carol is an excellent voice teacher- I recommend her to any student.