- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello! My name is Carlos and I can't wait to have you as a student! I've been teaching trumpet for over 10 years and have loved helping my students discover the joy of playing an instrument, and making beautiful music! I studied music at San Diego State University and the New England Conservatory of Music where I earned a degree in Music Performance and was an Academic Fellow. I'm an encouraging, patient, and lively teacher. We will be learning the basics of trumpet playing, and progressing each week with tailored lesson plans, all the while making beautiful music in the process. I look forward to helping you reach your goals!
Coordinate public health education workshops in six different Ecuadorian communities. Manage and direct the SAHLUD Music Education Program which teaches elementary music and arts classes to children. Recruitment of volunteers.
Instruction and coaching of staff, overseeing the launch and teaching practices in elementary schools in Florida. Ensuring effective El Sistema classroom teaching program execution, teaching and modeling El Sistema methods. Cultivation of various income sources from private foundations, individuals, corporations, and government grants. Supervision of schedule planning, evaluation of program needs, guiding teaching artists, community engagement and public relations."
As a HeartPower performing artist, we program and perform concerts and educational classes to various at-risk organizations that serve youth, the mentally ill, those in drug and alcohol rehabilitation, those recovering from child abuse, and any other segment of the population that normally is not served by other music organizations.
Academic Fellowship at New England Conservatory of Music, one of the nation's top music schools
· Trumpet · Online Today was my first lesson with Carlos and he was amazing! He is very cool and funny and I really liked him. We worked on a lesson from the book he sent me. I had a lot of fun. I can't wait for my next lesson!
· Trumpet · In home I would recommend Carlos to ANY parent looking to give their child trumpet lessons, he has been teaching my son Michael for over 3 years and he has become a dear family friend. He is patient, resourceful, and has insurmountable talent with teaching children of any age, we are blessed!
· Trumpet · In home Carlos is an extremely dynamic educator, I have studied trumpet with him for over 5 years. He's well versed in both classical and jazz. Over the years Carlos has helped me strengthen my weaknesses through his hands on approach and commitment to crystal clear communication. I recommend him to students of any age and skill level. Thanks Carlos!
· Piano · In home I am really happy to have found Carlos as a teacher! He has helped make practice more enjoyable and I am seeing so much improvement since switching to him. Carlos also takes the time fully explain concepts so that I have a better understanding of why we focus on certain topics. Thanks, Carlos!
· Trumpet · In studio Hands down my favorite music teacher Ive ever had, carlos is super patient and knows how to fix the problems right away. He gives me weekly assignments like etudes and scales and really fun solos to play. He is the best!
· Trumpet · In home Carlos is super knowledgeable, focused, and really fun! I have been his student for 3 years and would recommend him to anyone who wants to learn how to play the trumpet!!
· Trumpet · In studio Very knowledgeable, focussed, generous, and COOL! Our son is going to learn a lot from Carlos. We are delighted!
· Trumpet · In studio As Carlos's colleague at New England Conservatory, I have seen him teach at programs in both the US and Venezuela. I was privileged to see many joyful students during rehearsals and lessons Carlos led, as well as hear the immense musical progress always made. Moreover, Carlos has an unparalleled commitment to and refreshing perspective on the role of music in social development. I urge any prospective student and family to seek out Carlos's mentorship.
· Piano · In home I've been taking lessons from Carlos for over three years. He is passionate and knowledgable and an excellent instructor. Carlos has patience and provides easy to understand instruction; yet, he is also able to provide me with the weekly challenges I need. I can't recommend him enough!
· · I've had three lessons with Carlos. He is very knowledgable and very patient. I feel I have learned a lot already because of his ability to analyze what I'm doing and help me focus on specific things during our sessions and for my practice between sessions. As an added bonus, he's fun!