- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello! I’ve been teaching for 10 years now and love every minute of it. My focus is on providing each of my students individualized instruction that meets his or her own needs, interests, and learning style. Parents and students have seen the difference that this data driven, holistic style makes. I can't wait to meet you and your child as we embark on a journey of learning and discovery! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
About my studio:
• Current students: Range in age from 4-adult
• Recitals: Offered twice a year
• Group classes: Options available for established students
• Lessons: Individualized for each student’s needs, interests and learning style
• Each student receives: Personalized practice plans and strategies
• Feedback and support available as needed between lessons
• 7 years of private lessons experience
• 3 years of classroom experience: Music and General Education
• Fully certified
• Viola performance degree from Western Michigan University
• Education certification from Relay Graduate School of Education
Ready to get started?
Use the “Reserve your spot with Candis” feature on the screen, or call Take Lessons directly. Message me directly to discuss any schedule questions or concerns.
Finding a teacher who is a good fit for your child and your family is immensely important. There are lots of teaching styles and personalities and you want this to be a positive experience that your child will not only learn from, but will cherish and enjoy. I hope the above information helps give you a sense of what I can offer your family, but please reach out if I can answer any questions that will help you in making this important decision.
Minnesota Early Learning Academy
- Beginning strings instructor for 2nd and 3rd graders
- Coordinator: Elementary after school strings
2015- 2016: Fair School Downtown
- After school strings instructor for 2nd and 3rd graders
- General music teacher for K-3
- Create individualized lessons for students ages 4 to adult, using both traditional and Suzuki methods
- Plan recitals twice annually including booking location, coordinating a reception, ensuring all students are prepared for both solo and group pieces, and writing a script to introduce pieces and students
- Taught general music education to 112 Kindergarten students three days a week
- Created and executed standards-based lessons
- Provided small group and one on one reading instruction for students needing extra support
- Instructed standards based curriculum including Mathematics, Phonics and Phonemic Awareness, Reading Comprehension, Science and Social Studies
- Developed data driven action plans for six week periods based on summative assessment data
The American String Teachers Association, founded more than 60 years ago, is a membership organization for string and orchestra teachers and players, helping them to develop and refine their careers. ASTA's members range from budding student teachers to artist-status performers. The organization provides a vast array of services, including instrument insurance, an award-winning scholarly journal, discounts on publications and resources, annual professional development opportunities, and access to collegial network of colleagues throughout the string profession.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
Sigma Alpha Iota is a professional International Music Fraternity for women. Formed to uphold the highest standards of music and to further the development of music in America and throughout the world, it continues to provide musical and educational resources to its members and the general public.Sigma Alpha Iota operates its own national philanthropy, Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc.
· Violin · Online Candis is a great teacher. I can'wait to see her again=)
love harley mase
· Viola · In studio Very good teacher and cool
· Violin · In home I, being an older male adult, can be a little skeptical about wholeheartedly havong trust in taking someone direction when learning something new. Well, my first lesson, basically just getting feel for each other went pleasantly well. I am very much at ease with following Candis lead and I trust I will be able to play the violin well with confidence if i meet her halfway and apply myself. She has a nice personality too.
· Violin · Online Our first lesson was very good! My daughter responded to her very well and we are looking forward to many more!
· Violin · Online My son who is 14 had his first lesson with Candis. I love the online format it worked out really well! She's a very thorough teacher and you can really tell she loves what she does.
· Violin · Online Really informative and helped me learn some new things that i didn't know yet :D
· Violin · In home Abha, my 7yr old really liked her first Violin lesson with Candis. Candis really knows how to teach the basics of Violin very easily to the young beginner kids. I'll recommend Candis to all my friends.
· Reading · In studio Candis is a highly professional and passionate educator. Her ability to teach comprehension and foundational skills to young readers is incredibly strong due to her specialized training in some of the nation's most premier charter schools and her ability to teach music is even stronger. Her personal talent combined with her formal experience working as a classroom teacher make her an ideal music teacher for any student. She understands the technicality of her craft and presents it with passion and patience, helping even the most hesitant of students become successful.
· Violin · In home It was great first Violin Lesson!
· Viola · In home Excellent! Very personalized quality instruction.