- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Write me a message! Piano, voice, ear training, music theory, music history, composition, and song writing in person or online!
I'm a Brazilian musician around 30 years old, MASTER in Piano Performance, Professor at a University in BRAZIL and in the US, also Bachelor in Singing and Composition. I love interacting with classes of piano and Jazz singing, for kids and adults. I have a big repertoire of classical music, pop, musical theater and all the Brazilian songs. Also, the practice can include harmony studies, ear training, improvisation and composition. The concept of my methodology is using creativity, technology and good music to make the students play all the songs they want and develop skills. I can teach in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
PLAY Music - LEARN Music - CREATE Music
Use the piano or voice to play a great variety of songs, from classical to pop, crossing jazz, Brazilian and Latin tunes, american classicals, etc. Using sheets, chords, iPad/iphone, "play by ear", books or just improvising!
Add to your training elements of Music Theory, Harmony, Music History and Ear Training with interactive material online and books.
Creativity!!! Jam every class, learn to songwrite, to create your melodies, change chords, write lyrics and produce your songs! Acoustic and digital support, many tools to express your ideas, kids to adults!
FOR ONLINE CLASSES, I developed a great structure working with your ipad/ tablet, Skype and more, to work everywhere in the world. Ask me more about it!
See you soon!
ABOUT THE CLASSES:
I recommend starting with an online or in studio classes of 30 minutes. Ask me how and I help you setting everything for an amazing, affordable and comfortable class!
In home classes, minimum legth of 45min.
Want a longer class, double or mixed subjects like piano and singing? Let me know!
I can also work in groups, so invite your friends and family!
Any doubt or special case? Write me a message! I'll be happy to consider your request!
Las clases también pueden ser en ESPAÑOL y con el repertorio latino!
Ou se preferir, com a alegria de se falar PORTUGUÊS em aula!
FROM MY WEBSITE:
Professor Cândida L. Borges is an inspiring world class musician, classically trained and rooted in Brazilian culture. Her artistic work mixes folkloric music, bossa nova, pop, latin and african music, jazz, and all styles of world music. After 15 years teaching in a University in Brazil and in the United States, now she created a program in which she offers her experience as a music educator for all ages music students and from all over the world. Master in Piano Performance, Bachelor also in singing, composition, studies in music production and electronic music, sound therapy, special needs and coaching, Professor Borges is a true educator and artist.
Her methodology consists of modern approach to music education and music therapy, that connects creativity, repertoire, technology and skill development. Choose your subject: piano, keyboard, jazz voice and singing, music theory, ear training, harmony, songwriting.
Also, engage in a warm community that shares music, shows, meetings and encouragement!
You choose to learn in Portuguese, Spanish or English. Practice music and a new language at the same time.
Huge possibilities, many styles. Expertise on classical, Brazilian and Latin jazz, pop. Do what you like!
Ms. Borges combines her formal academic studies in University as an artist and educator with studies and certifications in Dalcroze, Linklater, improvisation, circle singing, music production, technology and specially her experience in studios and playing with musicians all over America. Special call to “O Passo” – a Brazilian methodology on rhythm and pitch, connecting body and voice to learn music, performance and reading. Fantastic!
You can connect by Skype or you can also choose to use FaceTime or Google Hangout. There are easy instructions that you receive to make sure you are all set to start. You have the chance to record your class and you will receive a link with all the material we use in class. In tour or local, classes must go on!
IN NEW YORK
If you are in New York Area, come for class in one of the studios. We are at midtown west, in great locations and professional studios.
Prices starts at $30 for 30 minutes online lessons. You can choose between 30, 45, 60 and 90 minutes lessons. Combo choices of more than 1 subject – you can combine piano and singing, or singing and songwriting for example.
SPECIAL PROJECTS AND COMMUNITY
You will start making part of our special projects, that include shows, concerts, events, CDs, month challenges, gifts, and other surprises. Touring different cities, you will make part of a community that gets together to watch shows, to perform and to travel – our performances happen in different cities, including New York and Rio de Janeiro! If you are looking to explore the world, might be a good opportunity!
Once you sign up, you will be connected to our links.
Check my reviews and join us today!
Working with different techniques for voice, including:
- Jeanie Lovetri - Somatic Voicework
- O passo (for rhythm)
- Alexander technique
Avatar, Master, Pro and Wizard Courses for personal and professional development.
Based on the artistic and pedagogical principles of Emile Jaques-Dalcroze, the Dalcroze approach teaches an understanding of music's fundamental concepts, expressive meanings, and deep connections to other arts and activities. Performers, teachers, dancers, actors, children, and senior citizens can all benefit from this approach which incorporates rhythmic movement, aural training and improvisation.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
OPERA America draws on resources and expertise from within and beyond the opera field to advance a mutually beneficial agenda that serves and strengthens the field through programs in the following categories: Creation: Artistic services that help artists and companies increase the creativity and excellence of opera productions, especially North American works; Presentation: Opera company services that address the specific needs of staff, trustees and volunteers; Enjoyment: Education, audience development and community services that increase all forms of opera appreciation.
· Piano · Online I had my first lesson and I am really excited and encourage. I feel that Candida was genuinely interested in understanding my goals and is committed to helping me achieve them. I also know that she is very well versed in all facets of music and I can learn from her. Time to Practice!
· Singing · Online Candida is a great teacher and artist. She does way more than just teaching technique because she does her best to get the artist inside you. Candida helps you discover your inner self and get it out through your voice. She is patient, objective, and very kind. She is by far one of the greatest teachers I've had the chance to work with, not just for music but any subject.
I highly recommend Candida, and I'm looking forward to continuing my music education with her.
· Piano · In home Candida is the best music instructor I've ever had! She is always well prepared, understanding, very knowledgeable, and extremely technologically proficient. Her effervescence and energetic exuberance both relaxes and motivates you. She is a professional performer and a master teacher, and combines all of these great qualities into a great productive learning experience. I recommend her without reservation if you love music and want to have a great learning experience!
· Classical Piano · In home Candida is exactly what I was looking for.
She understood what I needed and helped me to obtain the confidence I needed as well.
Highly recommended !
· Singing · Online Cândida is amazing, and made me feel very comfortable on my first lesson. She has a great spirit, and is extremely helpful!
· Singing · In home Sorry I wanted to give the 5 stars, it was an error before.
She is amazing, I regret not having still enough time to take lessons with her for myself!
· Singing · Online I've already written a review for Candida, but that one was rather rushed and I think it doesn't do her justice. She is an incredible teacher and has such a bright personality. She works methodically on the technique and explains all the physical workings of the voice and how it's connected to the whole body, there's a lot of foundational work which I think is very important. But at the same time she lets you choose the songs to work on; and I think learning to properly sing things you really enjoy is the greatest motivation. She's discovered a voice in me that I never knew I had. Today before our lesson I was tired and feeling a bit lost - everyone has those days I think. 45 minutes later, I'm feeling fresh and inspired.
· Singing · Online Candida is a knowledgeable and passionate tutor; I love the apps we use for the lessons and homework. It's only been two lessons but I'm definitely feeling improvements in my singing. I study Afro-Cuban percussion so for me the fact that Candida speaks Spanish and Portuguese and is at home with Latin music styles is a huge plus as well!
· Vocal Training · Online Candida brings a wide range of expertise, from pedagogy to performance, to her instruction. She is patient, encouraging and communicates well. Highly recommended!
· Singing · Online It has been a pleasure to meet Candida she is very warm and bright and very knowledgeable. First session went just right. All she pointed out was exactly right!
Love her physical approach to expand and relax my daughter singing.
Thank you Candida! Looking forward to work more with you.