Males 1 to 15
Brittany offers private lessons in commercial and/or classical voice, songwriting, music theory, and ear training. She graduated the commercial music program at Belmont University with a focus on voice, songwriting, and music business in 2013.
Brittany brings a unique skill set to the table, having studied and performed a range of musical styles with hands on experience in Nashville's music industry. Brittany frequently writes on Music Row with professional songwriters, is a demo singer in professional recording studios, and performs with her special event band, The Golden Band.
Brittany has years of paid, professional experience as a singer in several different settings, so her ability to relate to any student and help them truly understand and achieve their goals is notable. Brittany has performed as a solo artist in restaurants and other public venues, singing country and pop music; she has also performed as a soloist in classical settings, as part of a duo in a wedding band, as a member of several choirs and ensembles, including a capella groups; she has also been cast in several lead roles and ensemble roles in countless musicals.
For the same price as your average voice lesson, you will gain so much more knowledge in the field of music while you sharpen your skills with Brittany! Each student is different, so Brittany clearly identifies each student's specific goals and designs a unique lesson plan to achieve them.
Brittany is the co-founder of The Golden Band, a customizable music service that specializes in weddings and private events. Brittany is the lead singer of the band, and is also in charge of booking, marketing, and client operations.
Brittany teaches private voice lessons and directs group ensembles at Franklin Brentwood Arts Academy, where her students range in age from 7 years to 60 years old. She teaches students of all ages from her own home, incorporating any combination of voice, songwriting, ear training, and music theory lessons into each student's lesson plan as desired! She has also taught private voice and music theory classes at the W.O. Smith Music school.
Brittany assisted in the design and execution of marketing plans for major-label artists, as well as helped run artist events and performances.
Brittany handled the booking of shows and tours for independent artist, Michael Shoup, as well as helped with marketing initiatives, making great use of social media and other marketing platforms.
Brittany processed licenses for television, film, live stage, and merchandise synchronizations, as well as participated in the process of researching and pitching songs for major corporations.
Brittany was a member of the prestigious co-ed a capella group, Groovestand, in Syracuse, New York. Groovestand arranged and performed Top 40 singles and mash ups of popular songs across the Northeast. They competed in the ICCAs, taking home the first place prize. Her experience with Groovestand helped her to develop great improvisational skills, a strong ear, and the ability to blend and harmonize with other singers.
Brittany spent a summer working as a theme park singer at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey. After a rigorous audition process, Brittany was selected to perform as the princess and lead singer of the theme park's float in their nightly parade. During the day, Brittany played the role of "Mama West", the lead singer in the theme park's country stage show.
Brittany earned a degree in music, studying the art of singing and songwriting in depth.
One of three United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP and SESAC. It collects license fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. In FY 2013, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million in royalties.
The Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI) is the world’s largest not-for-profit songwriters trade association. Established in 1967, the membership of more than 5,000 active and pro members spans the United States and six other countries. NSAI is dedicated to protecting the rights of and serving aspiring and professional songwriters in all genres of music.
· Singing · Online Brittany is absolutely fantastic with my 13 year old daughter who has never had any vocal training before. We are five lesson in, and from day one, you could tell Brittany really knows her stuff. We have seen fantastic progress in such a short time. Brittany's knowledge, patience, enthusiasm, and own personal talent shine through. My daughter looks forward to each and every lesson. We were lucky to find Brittany and I highly recommend her.
· · In studio Amazing!!!!! Works with me!!!
· Country Singing · Online Awesome!!! Inspiring and technical!
· Singing · In home One word - fantastic !!!!!
My daughter is in love with Brittany and I am completely impressed !
· Songwriting · In studio I was looking for a teacher who could help me hone in on my songwriting skills, and was so excited when I found Brittany! Not only was she able to help me improve my songwriting, but she helped with my singing in my lessons too! She is definitely the perfect teacher if you are looking to work on both. She also taught me how to use the Nashville Numbers System to chart my songs and be able to communicate well with my band. I take lessons in Brittany's home, which is in a great location and is really nice. I feel very safe there (her complex is gated) and always love going to see her!
· Vocal Training · In home I've been taking vocal lessons off and on for the past 3 years with different instructors and Brittany is by far the best vocal coach I've ever had. I'll never take lessons from anyone else! She's helped me expand my range (I can now hit notes I never thought I'd be able to hit) and she's taught me how to breathe properly while singing. Brittany is seriously talented and I look forward to my lesson with her every week!
· Singing · In home Brittany helped me with my singing tremendously! We discussed the use of your chest voice, head voice and how to blend them together to achieve your desired tone. She also taught me how to form the right vowel sounds to match the style, something I had never thought of. I am currently preforming on the road singing background vocals with country music legend Tanya Tucker! Brittany has helped me keep my job!