Welcome to my teaching page!
I draw on my experience as a professional opera singer and actor, my teaching background in various areas (Feldenkrais, Music Together, general music, theatre, yoga, fitness, literature, etc.), and my training in classical singing, musical theater, acting, and various methods of body work. I strive to create a working environment where students can take risks, learn to challenge themselves, and find increased joy and freedom in expression. Self-awareness/body-awareness, relaxation, and nurturing of individuality are emphasized above all.
My teaching philosophies and techniques draw primarily from my study of movement and mindfulness through disciplines such as yoga, and especially the Feldenkrais Method, "a remarkable approach to human movement, learning and change... based on sound principles of physics, neurology and physiology, and the conditions under which the nervous system learns best." (The Feldenkrais Institute, NY, NY, 2013).
- Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement Teacher
- Feldenkrais Practitioner Training Program certification in process
- Bachelor of Music, Highest Honors, SUNY Binghamton
- Professional singing in the US and Europe
- Professional acting throughout the US, theater and film (member of SAG-AFTRA and AEA)
- Extensive yoga teacher training
- Eclectic studies in voice and body work (Linklater, various dance styles, Kinetic Awareness, Tai Chi, Beijing Opera techniques)
- Kids/family music teacher certified by Music Together (an amazing, international, research-based program)
- Teaching artist (opera, chorus, musical theater, acting/improv, mindfulness) at schools around NYC - Bronx High School for Law and Finanace, PS 129, Yorkville East MS, Baruch MS, Anderson MS, PS 3
- Former fitness instructor
Finding mastery and flow in playing music feels like flying. But we have to start from the ground up. The stronger the foundation, the higher you fly. Let's get started!
Teaching preschool music classes
Middle school afterschool teacher - chorus, acting/improv, mindfulness
Voice lessons (all levels)
Piano lessons (beginner-intermediate)
Guitar lessons (beginner)
Students aged 5-19
Certified Music Together teacher, bringing the joy of music to kids and families, teaching the foundations of tonal and rhythmic competency.
Solo and chamber performances in Manhattan and around the metropolitan area. Concerts in the US, Italy and Spain.
Theater, film and commercial work.
Teaching group Feldenkrais classes to senior citizens. This healing movement modality improves neuromuscular function, relaxation, coordination, concentration, and reduces pain - among other things!
Taught an intro to opera class to 3rd graders
Performed in professional production of The Magic Flute in the school playground with students as extras/chorus
Taught a for-credit course for upperclassmen on opera and beginning singing and acting techniques.
Teaching families/children the building blocks of music in a group setting.
An American labor union representing over 160,000 film and television principal and background performers, journalists, and radio personalities worldwide.
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.