Class A British PGA
Played ten years on tour worldwide.
A dozen years as a Golf Instructor at Sorrento Canyon Golf Center.
Specializing in mentoring Junior Golfers.
Golf coach for 2013 San Diego Jr. Golf Player of the Year
Averaging ten Jr. Golfers to qualify for the Callaway Jr. Worlds.
State of the art swing analysis system (V1 Golf)
Certified Callaway Golf Club Fitter
Teaching kids the fundamentals of golf, fitness and life skills.
· Golf · In studio I recently completed a set of four lessons with Brian and was very impressed. First, it was super easy to find and set up a lesson through the TakeLessons website. Brian is right in Sorrento Valley and right now the hill from my office so that was great. As for the lessons, I am really happy with my learning and his way of teaching. Some standouts:
- Brian provided immediate, actionable fixes/things to work on without over complicating or providing too much information
- I loved his use of video and real time comparisons to professional golfers - the ability to see in real time what I was doing wrong (or right) and what that looked/felt like was super helpful.
- I also liked being able to have a take away video "notes" with narration to watch on my phone and work through on my own after class
- Brian was very positive as an instructor and just a nice guy - I liked working with him
We worked through almost all of the areas of the game - long shots, short shots, sand, putting - and while my longer game may take a little more practice, i have seen immediate improvement in my short game and putting. I definitely recommend Brian and will go back for another few lessons once I practice a bit more...
· Golf · Without Brian I would have quit the game
I came to Brian a complete hacker. I made a promise to myself to either get better or give up. After trying a few other instructors in SD without much success Brian changed my entire opinion on the game. My score dramatically improved and I enjoyed his lessons so much I started taking them weekly.
We have worked on everything from putting to long drives and he has helped me feel comfortable in all aspects of my game.
Additionally, although he wont admit being tech savvy he has the best video equipment I have seen. Its not super fancy but he knows the software so well he can easily point out your flaws in something that is understandable and not overly complex and confusing.
I have referred friends to him as well who have had very similar experiences.