- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I'm Brett and I am so excited to start sharing all the wonderful experiences that music has brought to my life, with YOU. I am a recent graduate from New York University with a B.F.A. in Musical Theatre Performance from the Tisch School of the Arts. I work professionally both as a performer and a teacher. I most recently created the role of Jamie in the North American debut of Bobby Cronin's musical "DAYBREAK", and have also been seen around many regional theaters in the country, most notably "The Who's Tommy" at the Berkshire Theatre Festival. As well, I am always gigging as a singer, guitarist and pianist all around New York City. I am a composer working as both a singer/songwriter, and a film scorer. I have been teaching privately for 6 years from all age ranges and all experience levels. I have worked in a variety of different mediums, and this is exactly what I bring to the table as a teacher. My exploration of music through so many vehicles has brought about a way of thinking; that music at its core is all the same, whether you sing it, play it, pluck it,or hit it! Therefore, lessons with me are about finding your core musician, then ascribing the technical necessities needed to perfect your desired instrument. I can't wait to get started and help you unlock yourself inner musician!
*** Lesson Details ***
As my tag line suggests, lessons with me are about finding the musician inside of yourself. We often forget that music at its' core is about expression. I want to give you the tools, techniques and structure to engage fully, freely and passionately with the rewarding art form of music. For singers, this means tapping into our breath, our bodies and our support to create those sounds that excite, captivate and move not only our audiences,but ourselves. For guitarists, we are going to exercise scales, fingerings and chords so that we develop a tool box for our inner rock star to play with! For pianists, whether you consider yourself a classical, jazz or rock pianist, we are going to build a foundation that allows you to play in whichever style you wish, and a technique that will always be there to support you.
I specialize in online lessons so that I can share this lesson program with student's all over the world! If this is your first time with online lessons, rest assure I will walk you through the set-up and technicalities to ensure the utmost productivity from our sessions!
Whichever instrument you take on, we will be building general music concepts throughout every lesson; playing with theory, chord/scale structure, etc. In this way, we develop that all powerful musician in ourselves who can work in multiple artistic mediums, and find fulfillment in the many facets of this amazing art form.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lessons are give online, therefore all you need is a computer with a web camera and microphone, and a set up that allows you to play your instrument while on camera!
*** Travel Equipment ***
I will provide the necessary URLs and PDFs needed for lessons!
*** Specialties ***
Broadway singing, classical voice, folk guitar, rock guitar, jazz guitar, classical piano, rock piano, jazz piano
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
· Music Performance · In home Brett is an incredible teacher. Patient, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic. He clearly loves music and working with people. He's a talented musician in his own right which provides all the inspiration for practice and progress one could need. And he's dedicated to seeing progress in his student. He's easy going and formats his lessons to the individuals goals. I can't recommend him highly enough.
· · Brett is AWESOME! He's great at really making the learning experience fun & clear so you feel accomplished after your first lesson.
· · Very good teacher! excellent feedback.
· · GREAT!!!! So willing to help, and so helpful. I didn't know where to begin with my essay and Brett helped me to format it
· · Brett was professional, clear and helpful. I've learned a lot of basics in a half-hour and will be putting new skills to work in my songwriting (and presenting/singing those songs) - with a little more confidence. Thanks Brett.
· · This Guy Is Awesome ! He helped me a lot ! Thank you Bro ! :)
· · Just had my first ever singing lesson, Brett was very patient with me and walked me through the basic exercises with a great deal of expertise.
I would highly recommend taking a class with Brett if you want to improve your singing techniques!
· · Brett for TakeLessons
It was wonderful session with Brett for TakeLessons. He helped me in analyzing communication with awareness and relaxation which will help us to express well. He tool practical session how one can speak spontaneously without any hesitation. He said whole body speaks when we speak wholeheartedly. He also helped me in understanding and introducing idioms. He has promised me that he would consult me in learning tenses as well during my next session.
· · Brett taught me about how to breathe properly.. I totally recommend him!
· · Brett for Takelessons was very friendly and really showed you how to take breaths and explained the mechanisms in our body with wonderful analogies.