I started learning piano by the age of 4. Started composition by the age of 5. At the age of 12, I started guitar and never turned back. Music was always the ULTIMATE escape. To me there's nothing that compares to the feeling I get after completing a song, or the rush of a good performance. I decided that I'd rather do nothing else in life but music. After high school I went to the famed Musicians Institute in Hollywood, CA., where I was taught by the most amazing musicians I've ever known. Some of the teachers who influenced me were Dan Gilbert from the Guitar World magazine, and David Oakes who trained with Andre Segovia (famed classical guitarist). My influences are a wide range. I love any music with shred guitar. Anything virtuosic is what I love. I enjoy playing everything from Latin, classical, blues, all the way to heavy metal. I have a lot of on stage experience that has served me well, and my mission is to give back the inspiration that has been my love for music.
*** Lesson Details ***
The most important thing with any instrument is that you're enjoying what your doing. If you're not having fun with guitar, then you're probably not going to stick with it. I teach beginning to advanced guitar and my students really enjoy the lesson plans. My lessons vary from student to student depending on what they want to accomplish, and what they need to succeed. After the student reaches a certain level I get them to play with other musicians. Sometimes I'll bring in my drummer and hop on the bass so the student can get the feel of playing with a full band! I expect a lot from students and they seem to have no problem delivering,
*** Studio Equipment ***
Home studio- includes amps, guitars and recording equipment. Custom built computer designed for studio use. Pre-sonus Firepods. Ton's of pedals. Pro Tools 10 Professional
*** Travel Equipment ***
I have backup amps and guitars just in case. I bring all the materials for the lesson plans to the student's home.
*** Specialties ***
classical, rumba, metal, classic rock, hard rock, shred, Brazilian, fusion, blues, and most Latin styles.
· Guitar · In studio Brandon is very good with my daughter. I highly recommend him.
· Guitar · In home Brandon has been an amzing teacher! He has shared with me so much more than just learning chords and songs. His positive light has been such a blessing for my path towards understanding music and discovering so much more about the guitar! I have seen such an improvement in my own abilities and understanding of the guitar.
· Guitar · In studio My son really enjoyed his lesson and is excited to go back for more.
· Guitar · In home I started taking guitar lessons from Brandon a few months ago. I didn't know much about guitar playing. I found Brandon to be very knowledgeably and extremely patient. He provides the motivation needed to learn to play. He is very intelligent and a genuinely down to earth person. I have seen Brandon perform on stage with one of his bands and he is an incredible guitar player. Lastly, I consider Brandon a friend and not just my guitar instructor.
· Guitar · In studio We are so happy we found Brandon,we had our third lesson this week and already my son is learning so much. I would recommend Brandon to anyone looking for a teacher that down to earth and really enjoys teaching guitar to his students.We look forward to continuing lessons with Brandon and watching my son excel at guitar playing.
· Guitar · Puts a fun spin on learning!
My daughter is 10 and has been taking lessons with Brandon for about 3 months now. She has learned a lot and is starting to feel more comfortable with the guitar. She was starting from a total beginner, so Brandon has also been teaching her the basics of music theory.
He is always in a good mood and has fun with the lesson, but also does a good job of keeping the focus on learning. He has a plan for what she needs to learn next, but he allows the student to make the choices and set the direction. He is patient about certain aspects being more difficult to learn.
It think Brandon could teach anyone to play guitar, since he really lets the student set the tone, but his demeanor is great for kids. My daughter looks up to him and knows that he is cool, which helps her remember that learning the guitar is cool.
I appreciate that he isn't an over/under communicator and that he is always there and on time for the lesson. He is professional, but not overly strict or "all-business."
· · My son is very happy to head out to his lesson. After his lesson my son is enthusiastic to work towards his next class. Brandon is a very positiveand encouraging teacher. My son has progressed a great deal in just a few weeks.
· · My daughter loves learning how to play guitar! She has a really great relationship with Brandon. When she comes out of practice, she is happy, and ready to practice more. Thanks Brandon!
· · Very Satisfied!
Brandon has only been working with my son for a couple of months, but so far we are very pleased. He is very knowledgeable about the guitar, and has a great mannor with our son. He adjusts his lessons each week to match our son's skill level and continues to challenge him while also encouraging him. Thank you, Brandon for your committment to teaching guitar!
· · If You're Looking For a Great Teacher, Look No Further!
Brandon is very knowledgeable and exhibits the very skills and experience that I was exactly looking for in my search for a an excellent guitar teacher. He is very patient and very helpful in answering all of my questions and request and provides me with a good resource of concise practice material to help ensure that I am learning. Brandon is a great teacher and I would recommend him to anyone.