My name is Brandi, I have been singing since the age of 3, and writing music, recording and producing since the age of 12. As a teenager I began playing piano and guitar as well. I am a college graduate of Jazz Studies; with a focus in Music Business, and Music Production and Engineer and was a vocal principle at Berklee College of Music; I attended Cuyahoga Community College, and Berklee College of Music. During my years of college I've studied, musical arranging, ear training, breathwork, songwriting, and many private musical lessons and more. Post college I have taken vocal mastery classes in Atlanta, GA.
As a musician/singer I have performed in front of as many as 3,000 people, I recently had a full page feature in a magazine, as well as had FM Radio rotation for a song I wrote, sang and produced, and sold music on iTunes.
*** Lesson Details ***
What a student may expect from this teacher:
Within 3-6 months students shall a have a good grasp on the foundation of their instrument/ craft; have a controlled sound; be playing/ singing what he/she hears; stronger, more defined tone; be able to play through/ sing through at least one song; have expanded range; confidence; and of course tackling personal goals set within the lessons.
My Goal is to facilitate bringing out what greatness already lies within and to assist in that growth, as well as teaching new information and the how to apply. I am not very strict on notation, as far as reading music (Piano and Voice). Lessons with me will more consist of the meatier portion of music how to use the instrument, developing the sound, understanding chord structures, playing/ singing what you hear, techniques and how to put it all together musically. However I will go through musical notation and reading chords, but it will not be a focus. (If you desire to play/ sing classically, I may not be the best teacher for you.)
For MUSIC PRODUCTION: Producing musical tracks and recording artist is the root and the focus. The curriculum is sculpted from LOGIC PRO X, REASON and PRO TOOLS software (subject to change). Students learn how to create what he/she hears and how to format it all together; Students learn how to track and record/ mix in the most professionally used software; Mixing and Mastering shall be touched upon as well.
When it comes to teaching and application of knowledge for each student I am serious about his or her growth; I don't want anyone wasting their money or time, so practice and dedication is necessary.
*** Studio Equipment ***
88 Length Keyboard with hundreds of sounds
Teaching white board
*** Specialties ***
Pop/Rock, R&B/ Soul, Christian, Hip-Hop, Country, Folk; By Ear& Reading
Pro-Tools, Garage Band, Reason, Logic Pro X
*Private teacher of voice lessons, piano lessons, and guitar lessons.
*Children's program leader of WeeJam.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Singing · In studio 100 stars! Perfect! Excellent! Anyone looking for singing lessons, I highly recommend!
· Piano · In studio Brandi was a great instructor! I enjoyed how patient she was with me and I liked how thorough she was in the material. Unfortunately I am relocating and unable to continue but I would highly recommend her to other aspiring pianist!
· Singing · In studio Today was my first day with Brandi and I was completely wowed. I liked how she gave me some terms before going into the actual lesson. I feel like I learned a lot already and is one step closer to becoming a superstar!!!
· Singing · In studio Brandi did an excellent job with Eunique even thou it was her first session. She was very informative when it comes to music, from breathing to showing how the breathe for better range. Thanks Brandi see you next week!!!!!
· Piano · In home Brandi is the best!! She has great patience andy her careful attention to detail that makes her so special. Will be continuing my Lessons with her !!! Hands Down the best instructor i've ever had!
· Singing · In studio Brandi is an exceptional teacher. She has only been working with my daughter for a couple of months and she has learned so much about the foundation of singing. My daughter enjoys her lessons and has begun to hear a big difference in her voice. I recently overheard her telling someone that her singing lessons has really improved her singing so Brandi is definitely a keeper!
· Piano · In home I took about a year and a half of lessons with Brandi so my review is past due. Straight to the point, Brandi is very talented, knowledgeable, patient, and pleasant to be around.
As an adult student I was apprehensive about taking piano lessons. I wondered what the experience would be like interacting with my teacher and how well I would take the material being covered. Brandi smashed the first concern on the first lesson, and over a period of time developed my confidence in my ability to play so that I would go out and explore new things on my own and try things that I would have otherwise thought were too challenging.
The depth of Brandi's knowledge added to my appreciation of our lessons. Music Theory was not something I expected to learn but it being laced in with the lessons completed it. I learned not only about playing the piano, but why it's being played that way. I am analytical, so this enhanced my experience and rounded my education.
Beyond being a great musician and instructor, Brandi is simply a pleasant person to be around. She takes a genuinely interest in all of her students as well as their progression. I was impressed that she was able to make me feel at ease when I was frustrated and struggling. This is important to confidence building, and vital to the student's drive to persevere.
Finally, I feel confident saying that Brandi will exceed your expectations, and show you how you can exceed your own. I was in the video above, but notice that I was the only person who did not mention how very grateful I am. So, I shall rectify this in my conclusion. I was very fortunate to have Brandi as an instructor and appreciate all the work she has put in to giving me an understanding of piano and music.
· Singing · In home Brandi is an excellent teacher. She is working with my grand daughter now vocally and she has improved quite a bit. She is highly skilled, intelligent and a very pleasant teacher to work with. She knows how to bring the best out of Kaylan and my grand daughter is doing things with her voice that she didn't even know she could do. I plan to stick with her through the whole process, of singing, vocals, piano and writing. She is EXCELLENT and well worth the investment!
· Singing · In studio As an adult student, I didn't know what the experience of taking music lessons would be like. Brandi exceeded my expectations for a teacher. She is knowledgeable, professional, and fun to study with. We have a relationship of trust and good humor. In the few months that I have been studying with her, my confidence and knowledge about the mechanics and musicality of singing have increased immensely. I am sticking with Brandi and with my lessons!
· Vocal Training · In home Amazing Vocal Coach!!!
I am very grateful to have Ms. Brandi B as my vocal coach. She is so talented, very patient and she is passionate about what she does. She is not only a vocal instructor; she is also a motivational mentor to me. She is always positive an always reassures me that greatness/perfection doesn’t happen overnight. That is a very powerful nugget to me because this is such a true statement. She is also very humble and can relate to anyone. She has such an amazing voice and she is such a beautiful person inside and out. She also remains professional at all times. She has a very calm spirit and you can feel the positive energy whenever she is around. I am constantly learning something different every time I see her. She has thought me so much and I am already seeing major changes in my voice. Because of her, I am now learning how to break my bad signing habits and do different things with my voice I never knew I could do. She is AWESOME and I would never trade her in for anyone else. On a scale from 1 to 10, she gets 100 every time, that’s how GOOD she is. I highly recommend Ms. Brandi without any reservation because she is an AMAZING vocal coach!!!