- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Beckie and I have played music for all of my life. I play and teach many different instruments such as the Trumpet, French horn, Saxophone, Mandolin, Guitar, Clarinet, Voice, and Piano.
I graduated from Chapman University in 2010 with 2 degrees in music, Music Education and Music Performance on French horn. I am currently in my second year at UCLA for my masters in Music Performance on French horn.
When I first began teaching, I taught at an elementary school for 3 years as a brass coach for a Montessori Academy. This is where I fell in love with teaching. I have been teaching privately for 13 years now and love the one-on-one attention that I can give the students.
I have worked for many great organizations like the Los Angeles Philharmonic and California Philharmonic.
I currently am a freelance musician. I perform regularly with the UCLA Philharmonia and UCLA Wind Ensemble-the top two performing groups at the music school. I also am in horn ensemble called the Thursday Horn Club. I have performed in such wonderful venues as the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Sydney Opera house, in which I was able to premier a piece!
I look forward to working with you or your child in helping to start or continue a musical instrument!
*** Lesson Details ***
When I teach lessons, I like to go at the pace of the student. I am very patient but I expect the student to practice during the week. I will always work with a student as long as it takes to have them understand what is difficult for them musically.
For music, I try to find free options but books may be a better option. When we choose a book to play out of, I like to choose a book together so that the parent and the child are happy about the selection. Books vary based on what the needs are for each student. Books are to be purchased by the parent.
I usually play my instruments with the students, but being a freelance musician, I may need to save my chops for an upcoming gig. Not always, but happens from time to time :)
I also have a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you are late for your lesson, I will try to accommodate the time but may have students or rehearsals afterwards so it will not always be a guarantee. If you are going to be late, please text me BEFORE the scheduled lesson.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lesson space is in my home w/ seating for parents and music stand for students. I also have a cat and a dog, so if you are allergic, please let me know!
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect the student to provide the music books and their own instruments and music stand.
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in classical genres of playing but I am able to teach all different styles of music.
I have been privately teaching for 11 years now. I love to teach students how to master their instrument. I especially love to teach beginning students as it is so much fun to help them grow musically.
Degree in Music Performance on French horn
Degree in Music Education
· French Horn · In home Becky was great! Kind and gentle teaching manner. Brody is excited to have homework and looks forward to next week!
· Trumpet · In studio Awesome teacher! My daughter loves her! She fills in the empty spaces her marching band coach doesn't teach!
· French Horn · Online Ms. Beckie is a great French horn teacher. You can learn a lot from her. She is extremely nice and wants the best for everyone.
· French Horn · In home Beckie is so sweet and helpful - exactly what I needed!!!
· Piano · In home First lesson was very good. She was very professional and good with our child.
· Piano · In home Beckie did a great job with my Granddaughter on the Piano! Maddy loved her piano lessons with Beckie. My grandson also took Trumpet lessons with Beckie. Although she did not have an actual trumpet to bring to the lessons Beckie did a terrific job showing Jacob the music he wanted to learn and some trumpet playing concepts.
· Piano · In studio My 11 year old has been taking lessons with Beckie for about a month and I couldn't be happier. The first time we met Beckie we immediately discovered she is a very friendly and welcoming instructor. I noticed that my son was immediately at ease with her and all apprehension about meeting a new teacher left him. Driving home after that first lesson he commented on how much he liked Beckie. Beckie does a great job of explaining the theory part of the lessons and I'm excited to see my son's ability grow. My only regret is not having met her sooner.
· French Horn · Online She is very nice and sweet. She has been very helpful increasing my ability to play the french horn. I love her tips and advice and makes my lessons fun.
· Trumpet · In home Jacob felt very positive about his lesson today. Beckie assured him that they could work on everything he's wanting to do.
· Piano · In home Very good lesson. Maddy is really happy with what she learned.