- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello! I am a Nashville native and have been playing 5-string banjo for 7 years now. I am an avid songwriter and formed an Americana-roots band, Boy Named Banjo, back in 2011. We played Bonnaroo in 2015, and have performed at many historic venues like The Bijou Theatre, The Altamont Theatre, Eddie's Attic, and Mercy Lounge, to name a few.
Here's our website, if you'd like to check us out! www.boynamedbanjo.com
In May of 2016, I graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Sewanee: The University of the South, where I was an American Studies Major (with a focus on American music) and a Music Minor.
In my 3 years of teaching the banjo, I've always emphasized to my students the importance of jamming with others. I want you to experience the joy of playing music with somebody else as soon as possible - that's what it's all about! While giving you a solid foundation, I will dedicate time during each lesson to doing just that, so YOU can take what I give you and run with it!
I am a member/founder of the Americana/roots group, Boy Named Banjo. I play banjo, sing, and write songs for the band!
The Phi Beta Kappa Society celebrates and advocates excellence in the liberal arts and sciences. Its campus chapters invite for induction the most outstanding arts and sciences students at America’s leading colleges and universities. The Society sponsors activities to advance these studies — the humanities, the social sciences, and the natural sciences — in higher education and in society at large.
· Banjo · In home I sought an instructor who would be interested in what I hoped to learn, melodic beautiful banjo as well as blue grass staples. As a song writer that elicits specific emotions in his music and an accomplished player, Barton fits that bill well. Most important he bring a joy to playing that is infectious, and he is careful to teach technique. I've had a lesson per week since early July and have been thrilled with the progress.
· Banjo · In studio Barton is the BEST! He is really patient and extremely good at the banjo and I would recommend him to anyone who wants to learn. Really nice guy and a great teacher
· Banjo · In studio Barton was very prepared and organized for each lesson. I really enjoyed taking from him while he was still in college at Sewanee. He helped me get started and now I've been playing for several years! I would highly recommend him to anybody learning the banjo for the first time!