- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Music can be as simple or as intricate as you want to make it. I will to teach you how to make the most of whatever knowledge and skill you have and to have fun while you do it. My tastes are all across the board, rock and roll, country, metal, opera, I love it all. So, let me know what you are into and we can go from there.
I started playing guitar about 20 years ago and have fronted several bands that have played all over Chicago and beyond. Although I have studied ethnomusicology, theory, and composition in college, I owe my greatest debt to the Chicago musicians who inspired and later taught me. I began my private studies in flamenco guitar with Tomas de Utrera, Kelan Phil Cohran voice and theory, Hamid Drake instructed me on hand drumming, and from Rockin' Johnny Burgin I learned about the soul of blues guitar. Music is my first love, and continues to be an endless fascination for me.
*** Lesson Details ***
I believe the pursuit of musical knowledge and skill should be a fun adventure and therefore, in each and every lesson with me I hope that there is laughter. I like to start off finding out what you are interested in learning, then I will create a curriculum based on those interests. I like to get students going right away playing songs so they don't get bored. By the end of three months you should have a nice little repertoire of 6 or so songs in different keys and a beginning knowledge of your instrument and by six months we will have moved into scales, solos and a bit of theory based on your progression.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Living room, street parking. I have plenty of guitars, amps, pedals and tuners here. I also have audio recording software so we can record your lesson.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I have guitar and tuner, student should also have a guitar.
*** Specialties ***
I would say I am best a teaching rock and blues guitar. I have also studied theory and flamenco guitar and would be able to teach beginners.
· Guitar · In studio Allie really enjoyed her first lesson with Ayme! She was so excited to come home and practice!
· Guitar · In studio She is a very nice and experienced Guitar teacher. I enjoyed her teaching lessons for me!
· Guitar · In studio Ayme is fantastic teacher and very patient. I had to suspend my lessons with her due to some personal things going on, but I can't wait to get back. A really great teacher.
· Guitar · In studio Ayme is a GREAT teacher. She makes learning Guitar fun.
She will work with you to help you reach your goal.
· Flamenco Guitar · In studio Ayme is Good she just think of the lesson's and she remember it
· Guitar · In home Ayme is a great guitar teacher. She keeps my daughter, Lyric, wanting to learn more and more. She makes learning fun and constantly pushes Lyric to keep trying. She is very complimentary and patient.
· Guitar · In studio Ayme has been great, my daughter Ruby has been taking guitar lessons with her for a short time and Ruby absolutely loves it! Ayme is kind, patient and explains things in a way Ruby connects with. My daughter doesn't have any experience with playing an instrument and Ayme is making this experience an enjoyable one for her. Ruby is catching on quite nicely and enjoys going to her lessons. I would strongly recommend Ayme to anyone interested in learning how to play guitar.
· Guitar · Great Teacher
I started with Ayme with no musical skills whatsoever. I wanted to learn the guitar to challenge myself. 10 lessons down the line I am comfortably strumming away and very happy my progress.
Great teacher to learn from; she knows her stuff!
· Guitar · Great teacher!
Ayme was a great teacher. I started lessons with her when I was 9 now I am 16
and kind of a shredder.
She is really patient, encouraging and has a great sense of humor. I learned a lot
about music theory and soloing without even noticing. When I moved
on to other teachers, I realized what a great foundation she gave me, I was way ahead of the other students and sometimes a little ahead of the teacher. Lol.
She knows a lot about different kinds of music, which was really cool.
I learned blues, some rockabilly, and even a Metallica song while I was
studying with her. She makes learning really fun!
· Guitar · Awesome Guitar AND Music Teacher
Ayme was an awesome teacher! I learned all the basics and a few full songs in a very short time. Also, her music and artist knowledge is amazing. She introduced me to so many cool artists and songs I had never heard of. Ayme rocks!!