- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I started my musical training as a pianist at YAMAHA institute at age 4 in Japan. I was selected to enter perfect pitch class. It was designated for students who have perfect pitch and potentials to be professional musicians.
I enjoyed playing piano and electric piano and won the 1st prize at Kitakantou Electric Piano Competition hosted by YAMAHA institute. Because of the intensive training, I have been accompanying my students' recitals and performance exams.
As much as I enjoyed playing piano, I discovered that I also love singing, so I started to take singing lessons and majored in vocal performance during my college days.
Since I have graduated, I have been performing opera professionally. My career highlights include roles as Dorinda(Cantanti project), Pamina (Die Zauberflote) with Opera Manhattan Studio, Frasquita (Carmen) with One World Symphony, Zerlina (Don Giovanni) and Clorinda (La Cenerentola) with Capitol Heights Opera, Alice (Le comte Ory) with West Side Opera Society, Adele (Die Fledermaus), Susanna (Le Nozze di Figaro), and Myrrhine (Lysistrata) with Opera Avanti, Gilda (Rigoletto) with Academie Internationale d'Ete de Nice, and The First Spirit (Die Zauberflote) with the Opera Company of Brooklyn.
My international credits include studies at the Academy Internationale d'Ete de Nice, France; the Daniel Ferro Vocal Program in Chianti, Italy; the International Vocal Arts Institute in Tel Aviv, Israel; and an appearance at the Young Artist's Concert in Tokyo, Japan.
As a versatile singer, I was presented as an aspiring opera singer on the website of Maybelline New York. My voice was featured in short films for NEC, the Japanese technology company.
I was also selected as a finalist at the Opera Idol Competition at Lincoln Center, the Hariclea Darclee Voice Competition in Romania, and the Mario Lanza and Elaine Malbin Vocal Competition. In the summer 2014, I received a scholarship to perform at The Savannah Voice Festival that is founded by Metropolitan Opera/Grammy Award Winner Opera Star Mr. Sherrill Miles. My upcoming engagement includes singing the title role of Madame Butterfly with Snob Opera in Montreal and Quebec that is supported by Quebec City.
Besides being an opera singer, I have been teaching piano and voice for 11 years. I have been fortunate to study with the world renowned teachers. I continue my vocal studies with Mr.Gerald Martin Moore who teaches Tony award winner Kelly O'Hara, Met star Renee Flemimg and Mr. William Hicks who was a coach for Luciano Pavarotti at The Metroplitan Opera. I would like to share my skills and experience with you. Since I perform often, I can coach you how to perform on stage in addition to building solid technique and languages. Also, I have taught various kinds of music, such as Rock, Broadway musicals, Pop music, so we can work on all kind of music.
I look forward to teaching you soon!
*** Lesson Details ***
My students can expect to improve their skills and start to enjoy music more as we work together.
I believe that learning music is fun and enjoyable. However you also need to be serious and focused.
I can demonstrate various and specific techniques, phrasing, and interpretation and will always coach on how to develop your skills. However, I feel it is important for students to think critically on their own and take the first try at solving a problem themselves. I cannot emphasize enough that primarily it is you who find the ways to improve. Leaning music is a collaboration between teachers and students. I hope that through my lessons, students will become more self-sufficient and confident as musicians.
Let me help you become a better musician.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Piano (Clavinova), music stand, and desk.
*** Travel Equipment ***
By Subway, the closest station is 23rd street. You can take C, E train(within one block). 1 train(one block), M, F train (2 blocks).
I have started to teach while I was in University. I was a faculty recommended theory/ear training teaching assistant. I have worked with different music companies and taught privately for 10 years. I have trained my students for NYSSMA voice and piano. They have passed level 1 to 6(the highest).
Received technical certifications for teaching and performing at YAMAHA institute and other music schools.
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
· Piano · In studio Asuka is an excellent teacher. Very attentive, patient and always happy to explain things in-depth.
· Opera Voice · In studio I'm almost afraid to write this review lest Asuka's schedule gets totally filled with new students:) I started lessons with Asuka Nov 22 as a beginner and by January 15 the notes I could sing increased by an octave.
My high C/C6 came by early December, a couple of weeks after starting with Asuka. Some of this is my voice type, but I believe anyone who works with Asuka will see improvement.
I am taking lessons with a well-regarded pop teacher from the same time period and I've developed almost entirely from Asuka's lessons vs the other teacher, and quickly too with consistent practice. What Asuka teachers carries over to non-classical singing also.
Asuka is not rigid in her approach, thankfully, and she is so nice about the million things beginner singers can correct. I don't feel embarassed singing in front of her because she is non-judgmental.
I did some online lessons when she was traveling, and I got just as much out of them so even if I leave New York I will continue working with her.
· Singing · In studio As a total beginner she's already helped me tremendously with singing. She's able to convey effectively techniques.
· Piano · In studio Asuka is very patient and encouraging. I really enjoy learning from her!
· Classical Voice · In studio It's my first time taking voice lessons in NYC and Asuka is just great. It's only been two lessons and I'm singing much louder than I ever imagined. She helps you to reach your limits and then go beyond that. She can always precisely point out the things you should work on and if you do as she says you'll sound like a new person. Also, classes are fun and efficient and she makes you feel so comfortable too.
· Piano · In studio Asuka has been teaching my son to play the piano for a few weeks. He is now able to recognize pitch by ear. I was very pleased that she was able to develop his ear while he is learning to read and play. Since then my daughter has also been taking singing lessons with Asuka. She is very excited to perform in a recital. Both of my kids love her and they have a lot of fun during the lesson. We are very happy to have a teacher with such a beautiful voice.
· Opera Voice · In studio I am a retired opera singer that has studied with some of the best teachers and coaches in the world. Most of the year, my husband and I are in the South of France, but when in town, I still try stay sharp and perform at recitals. Asuka has introduced me to new singing techniques which have allowed me to preserve my voice at my age, while maintaining strength. It's really refreshing to learn new techniques that some of the older teachers don't know about. It has done a world of good as my voice doesn't get tired anymore.
· Classical Voice · Online Initially I was skeptical to have a singing lesson over Skype. However, the lesson that I had with Asuka exceed my expectations. I'm recently retired and have always wanted to be able to sing well. Asuka is bringing me closer to my goal of being a very good singer. I can actually now support my pitch with proper breathing and support. I also love the fact that I can do this from Skype. She is completely setup and uses a piano or synthesizer for a very effective lesson.
· Singing · In studio She's wonderful!
· Piano · In studio I have been taking piano lessons with Asuka over six months. I have learned so much. She is a very patient and informative instructor. I thought when I first started that I would never be able to grasp the concept of the piano keys. She made that part of all my lessons very comfortable and made me work to repeat what I was taught. Practice, practice, practice is her motto. I continued to do lessons because she made it fun and I was not afraid to make mistakes. Her confidence in me to do it until I got it made me work that much harder. Piano will now become my hobby due to a very good teacher. I appreciate the way she took time to teach and give constructive insight. Piano is not easy but it is easy for me to attempt to play. None of this would be possible without a great teacher.